The Official "i've Had Tranny Problems" Thread

Ok, so over the years of me being a member and now an owner, I have read alot of threads and had my own personal experience with tranny problems in my SS. Now I am wanting to compile a list of people who have had work done to their tranny or had issues with it to just get an idea of how many of us has this happened to.

List what it was that broke or caused a problem ie: clutch packs, torque converter, slipping

How much did it cost you to fix it/ rebuild it

How did you improve your tranny after? What kind of mods to strengthen it : Shift kit etc

How did you notice it

AND anything else that might contribute to the thread.

I'll start. I felt a slight slipping from my tranny when taking a corner and knew I had a very small tranny leak and was actually on the way to have it taken care of/ Shift kit installed when I heard a POP and saw smoke like crazy behind me. Pulled over to find the tranny pan just pouring ATF all over the exhaust causing a TON of smoke !!! Truck leaked out all of the fluid in the middle of a 2 mile road with no shoulder/grass and ALWAYS busy with traffic in a 50mph zone. So I coasted about 1/2 a mile going 20mph with the flashers on till I came to a stop. Found out that it was my tranny seal that broke causing the leak and eventually burning up the tranny which led it to be rebuilt.

Had the tranny rebuilt and added a Transgo HD2 shift kit w/ vette servo, metal accumulator and metal seperator plate. Cost THE WARRANTEE company $1895 and NOT A DIME FROM MY WALLET!!!!!

Lets hear your storys, I know you guys got em