Woman's Skin Grows To Toilet

WODY'S GIRL

NESS CITY, Kan. -- A man should be charged for allowing his girlfriend to sit on their toilet so long that her body became stuck to the seat, the sheriff said Thursday.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple was among authorities who discovered the woman last month living in the bathroom of a mobile home she shared with her boyfriend, Kory McFarren.

"The house was cluttered but not in shambles," he said. "The smell was overpowering -- a terrible smell about the house, obviously coming from where she was at."

McFarren, 36, told police his girlfriend, Pam Babcock, 35, had a phobia about leaving the bathroom and might not have left the bathroom in two years, although he's unsure how long she was in there.

He said that during that time he brought her food, water and clean clothes.

"The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner," he told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The sheriff said that judging by the woman's condition, it appeared that she had sat on the toilet continually for at least a month. She had open sores on which the toilet seat would stick.

"She would have to be sleeping on the toilet," the sheriff said.

Whipple asked the county attorney to charge McFarren with mistreatment of a dependent adult. The prosecutor did not return phone calls seeking comment.

"The unfortunate thing is this truly is a case of two people, in my opinion, with diminished mental capacity," Whipple said.

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has been taking care of Babcock for the 16 years they have lived together. He insisted that he tried to coax her out of the bathroom every day. The home has a second bathroom.

McFarren said he finally called police Feb. 27 after he became worried because Babcock was acting groggy, as if she didn't know what was going on around her.

What emergency responders found when they entered the bathroom has left many in the town of about 1,500 people buzzing and authorities incredulous.

Whipple said the seat was taken off the toilet so the woman could be transported to the hospital for treatment.

Doctors at the Wichita hospital told the boyfriend that an infection in her legs had damaged her nerves and might leave her in a wheelchair, he said.

Doctors at the Wichita hospital told the boyfriend that an infection in her legs had damaged her nerves and might leave her in a wheelchair, he said.

haha...so no change in lifestyle then.

Only Question I have, was he running down to the Mobil station every time he needed to go???

Nah he just told her to spread em and he sat in her lap..lol I read this story last week and its hard to believe people can do stuff like that. But i honestly am not sure whats more disturbing her sitting there all that time or her BF letting her. That would make for an intersting sex life.

Only Question I have, was he running down to the Mobil station every time he needed to go???

No, the home had a second full bathroom.

I heard about this on NPR... Along with another story about a family (wife and husband) living with 700+ chiuwawas (sp?), in a triple-wide. I can not imagine how either of their houses looked/smelled...