Cai Install With Pics

scooter3

Well I got my new intake installed. I went with the AEM Brute Force CAI. I had used K&N before so I thought I would try something different. Ordered it through Real Truck. Worked with Nick. Really nice guy and got me a great price. Next order of business is my exhaust. Took it for a little spin and there does seem to be a little increase in HP.

Before

DSC03344.jpg

After

DSC03346.jpg

The carnage

DSC03348.jpg

I have the same one.. The only thing i dont like is the radiator hose against the intake tube...

1. it causes extra heat transfer into the tube

2. Im scared its eventually going to chaff thru the tube and spray coolant everywhere...

I have the same one.. The only thing i dont like is the radiator hose against the intake tube...

1. it causes extra heat transfer into the tube

2. Im scared its eventually going to chaff thru the tube and spray coolant everywhere...

do what i did and put the hose under the pipe by twisting the hose in a downward position, as for transfering heat you have nothing to worry about after SEVERAL WOT runs my intake air tepms were consistant, 1/2 degrees above ambient temps :chevy:

100_0533.jpg

100_0520.jpg

Thanks all. I think I might move that hose underneath. Have only driven a few times since install, but I can notice a difference in how the truck reacts. Better throttle response and seems to pick up faster. I can't really hear any "sucking" noises which is fine I guess. More mods on the way!