Pacesetter Lt's

palletyard

I want to get a set of these cause according to the search shorty's and mids just make it louder and Lt's are the way to go period. my question is i live in california and i want to pass smog when it comes time to take it in. can i install the cats behind the Pacesetter LT's and still pass smog? does the Pacesetter LT's have o2 holes? any help would be cool :chevy:

Edited by 2006ss rider (see edit history)

To clarify, you wont pass the visual inspection in CA with long tubes headers.

Fact: to move the catalytic converters from their stock location is illegal. Lt's would force you to move them. A lot of guys do it anyway with the understanding that when smog time comes they will have to go back to a stock configuration.

Just doit.

To clarify, you wont pass the visual inspection in CA with long tubes headers.

Fact: to move the catalytic converters from their stock location is illegal. Lt's would force you to move them. A lot of guys do it anyway with the understanding that when smog time comes they will have to go back to a stock configuration.

Just doit.

:withstupid:

just do it and get in tight with a smog shop, and remember....benjamin is everyone's friend! :thumbs:

100_dollar_bill.jpg

Why not pass smog then get the LTs and worry about smog in 2010? Thats what my plan is

I hope you dont get popped at a roadside imspection. No being sacastic so dont take it as such, just hate to see anyone here hasstled by the man. Before you all laugh, yes they do exsist. They Funnel traffic down to one lane, like DUI check points, and they go over your ride. Even seen the set up with a roadside dyno so they could do a sniffer test. friggin smog nazis. I know they dont have alot of them, but the numbers are growing. sometime they even have motor cops to go chase you down if you turn around. Friggin lame.

I agree with the others though. The only way to make anymore power, is long tubes. Dont get me wrong, I have been on the edge of saying "screw it" and getting real headers myself. Hell, the dyantech kit friggin has cats and everything, how bad can it be? Man this state is screwed up.

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

yeah dude it definately wont pass the visual or the sniffer, so ur gonna have to figure out a WAY(crocked shop) to get around the problem..... oh yeah and to correct myself the pacesetters do come with the bung for the O2 sensors.

-Rob