Neglected Corsa Tips

I won't be doing that again. I probably had a 1/16" of carbon build up on my Corsa tips. I took me about 25 minutes to polish one head.

Just a heads up for other people with carbon build up, Mothers Mag and aluminum polish worked great.

drench em with WD40 or Tarminator then wash off. Thats what I did today and mine haven't been cleaned since the end of summer. They look somewhat new again, but it's break up time up here, so I didnt want to polish em only to have em get dirty again. Eagle One Nano metal polish is really good too!

Since I wash my truck almost weekly at the DPW ... I usually use some of their ZEP Brake Wash/Cleaner ... Quick spray, wait a minute and wash off with your regular wash mitt and soap. It takes any and all carbon and gunk buildup right off, but it does eat the wax off the truck, so watch where you spray, and be quick with a hose ... But they do shine up nicely!!!!!

--->> EDIT - Make sure you do this LAST!!!! Once you get Brake Wash/Cleaner in your wash mitt, nothing for soap will foam up anymore. It kills any and all suds .... Then wash and rinse your mitt well.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Since I wash my truck almost weekly at the DPW ... I usually use some of the ZEP Brake Wash/Cleaner ... Quick spray, wait a minute and wash off with your regular wash mitt and soap. It takes any and all carbon and gunk buildup right off, but it does eat the wax off the truck, so watch where you spray, and be quick with a hose ... But they do shine up nicely!!!!!

Thanks for the tip.

Part II - To my cleaning tip

--->> EDIT - Make sure you do this LAST!!!! Once you get Brake Wash/Cleaner in your wash mitt, nothing for soap will foam up anymore. It kills any and all suds .... Then wash and rinse your mitt well.

Part II - To my cleaning tip

I have a special mitt for my wheels and exaust tip. I wouldn't let this mit touch my paint. But thanks for the heads up.

Brake cleaner, rinse, then mothers "BILLET" polish which is the "best" or your money back. It shines up well and fairly easily with it. I have been thinking of picking up the power ball mini.....