Ss Repaired

FireRescueSS

As most of you have read, saw, or commented (appreacitated) on my accident last month http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry486910 I've had the SS in the body shop getting rapaired. Though, it has to go back to the custom shop to have the rear camera/wire replaced were they cut it, and tried to splice it back together, but they are paying the cost of the repair. They also painted and mounted the splash guards free of charge. Here is are some pictures of their work.

post-10855-1206537920_thumb.jpg post-10855-1206537931_thumb.jpg post-10855-1206537940_thumb.jpgpost-10855-1206537950_thumb.jpg

they do help keep the dirt off the sides of the truck, for AWD guys those front tires are throwing a bunch of crap down the side of your truck.

I've already noticed a HUGE difference with the truck staying cleaner longer, actually, over 48 hours, and the sides are still clean!! 80% - 90% of people don't even notice them being on there.

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't like the way they look, mud flaps just don't look right on the SS. But at least they are painted to match. Wish there were some custom made that fit the lines of the SS well, I'd sure like them on mine.

Oh, and the truck looks good, I remember the before pics.

I've already noticed a HUGE difference with the truck staying cleaner longer, actually, over 48 hours, and the sides are still clean!! 80% - 90% of people don't even notice them being on there.

See I told you so! I agree with the fact they really don't belong on a sport truck, but the sheer fact that they keep my truck cleaner, longer is why I still have them on. Besides, they are not too noticable and look good when wiped with some tire shine. :chevy:

Your truck looks good BrYan. :cheers:

i put splash guards in mine just after i bough it. past experience with Long Island winters with salt/sand.

when i moved back to the high desert, i was going to remove them. but i live on a 80 Yards long drive of crushed asphalt and gravel, i worked on a dirt lot, and 75% of the roads here are dirt, and my Komos pick up a lot of rock.. :banghead: got use to them being on. no chips in fenders or rockers,

:seeya: