Raced A New Tundra

2quik4u

My buddy has crew-cab 2008 Tundra. Its got the 5.7 and just a K&N filter. I thought this would be a good race because "Motor-Trend" says it will run 14.7 stock. The previous owner of my truck ran 14.8 @93mph.

We raced 3 times from a dig and I owned him out of the hole. I had about a truck and a half on him when i shifted into second, and we stayed at that pace until the end. On the last race, i let him go, and i reacted when i saw him leave. I was still able to beat him by a fender.

I was happy since i only payed about 1/3 of the price he did for his truck. Im thinking Toyota must give the magazine test guys faster than normal, "stock" trucks to test. Motor Trend also tested a stock, 300hp 05 mustang GT and ran a 13.5?!

nice kill man! I hate those ugly things. Motor Trend has does lots of tests that seem a little fast. They say that and 03 ss will do a quarter in 14.8 but most trucks stock seem to run in the mid to low 15's so i dont always trust those times

I don't know abou th motor trend guys. I got a friend who ran his 02 carmaro quicker than the guys at motor trend said it would. He was asked to leave the track if he did not put a brain bucket on. The car is completly stock, 6 spd. he just knows how to drive.

All of motortrnds stats are corrected for altitude and weather conditions. That's why alot of times there stats seem to be faster than what you normally see at the track. IF a stock SSS ran a 15.2 with a 2000'DA that would correct out to a14.8 with a 0' DA.

Thanks for the comments. I really like the new Tundra though. His is pretty loaded. I like how the back window rolls down just like a side window. After our races, he started looking at mods for the 'Yota.... It cost alot of money to mod that thing!

He wants to hook up log chains now and have a pull off. I declined since he has a 10000lb. towing capacity to my 6500lb's... I will give him that one!

Im trying to set up race with a new guy i work with. He has a reg. cab, Hemi, Dodge "super-bee" Ram. Its got a CAI, computer tune, cat-back and some good plugs/wires... His mods are about the same as mine. Im thinking it should be a good race. I will try to get video of that one...

Here's video treat for ya. I have a camera mount in my Camaro. I made this vid of me street racing my buddy (the same one that owns the Tundra) haha. I wasnt spraying, but i still pwned him.

• 1 month later...

Nice kill on a new tundra. Those things are no joke. My brother-in-law just bought an extended cab 2wd with the 5.7. With just a couple hundred miles on it he let me run it at the local dragstrip. I was able to get a 14.3 at almost 95 mph with a bone stock extended cab. The funny thing is that with the traction control turned the truck ran much slower. We actually couldn't get it below about a 15.2. With the t/c turned off it spun a bit off the line and then pulled hard through the traps. I guess that the traction control must retard the timing to prevent wheel spin...???

Anyway... nice kill. I'm very impressed with the tundras and will say that there are not many stock trucks that can run with them.