Pontiac Truck

cwest94

Haha, wow, thats the same truck as in the announcements. Look above. I guess the announcements are not an effective feature on SSS.com.

I found it online and then seen it on this site as an announcement, which I noted in my original post. I just thought it was pretty cool, thats all.

I guess GM didnt learn their lesson with the failed SSR? The SSR failed initially because everyone said it had no balls, then GM gave it 400hp, which was a huge improvement, but it still flopped in my opinion. I dont think this will fly. ITs a very niche market - Market for someone who wants to tow somethng and go fast, but only wants a two seater that really shouldnt be driven in the winter... Most would opt to keep the family together and have 4x4 or awd like with a TBSS, SSS, or crew cab pickup. if they wanted to go fast, then they would simply buy a corvette.

I guess GM didnt learn their lesson with the failed SSR? The SSR failed initially because everyone said it had no balls, then GM gave it 400hp, which was a huge improvement, but it still flopped in my opinion. I dont think this will fly. ITs a very niche market - Market for someone who wants to tow somethng and go fast, but only wants a two seater that really shouldnt be driven in the winter... Most would opt to keep the family together and have 4x4 or awd like with a TBSS, SSS, or crew cab pickup. if they wanted to go fast, then they would simply buy a corvette.

I think the biggest problem with the SSR was cost. I thought it would be priced like a regular Silverado, but the dealers here were asking Corvette prices for them. Frankly I didn't think it was much of a value. If I could get a deal one, I'd pick it up though. They were rare because that's the way they wanted it. They were built in an old Oldsmobile plant in Lansing. They could have cranked them out in reasonable quantities and made them affordable. Instead they wonder why these "special" vehicles don't sell.

I think Pontiac should be put out to pasture and just replace it with Holden. It's stupid to have two divisions when one is obviously doing everything for the other one. That's a bunch of VP's GM could lay off.

As you can tell I have a love hate relationship with GM. I love their cars, I hate the morons running the place.