Nitrious Questions?

Ive been thinking about adding a nitrious kit to my SS. I currently have a STS turbo kit and Meth injection. Im trying to do my homework before I start this project and I have a few questions for those who have experience in this area.

- Recommended NOS kits for my truck

- Is there any extra maintenance involved or damaged that can be caused to the engine from running NOS.

- Whats the biggest shot of NOS I should use

- Recommended upgrades, gauges, etc

Any other tips and info that you know could help thanks again.

NOS -Check out this thread

Nos Kit= NX (Nitrous Express) or NOS This is the kit I have

As far as shot size, Im not sure because your have another method of forced induction.

AND I also recomend getting a wideband, electric fuel pressure and electric nitrous pressure gauges.

Heres My set up Click Me

This is a subject you will get many answers on.

As for a kit, I perfer the NX wet kit. But NOS makes a very good kit, and I have been hearing a lot of good things about TNT nitrous kits also.

As for extra maintance, you will have to keep an eye on your spark plugs and change your oil more often.

150 Shot with a single stage wet kit is about the max with a proper tune, trans upgrades, etc. Misused, nitrous can be a engine killer. So do your homework. It will be worth it in the long run.

As for items to get along with it, Bottle heater, Fuel pressure safety switch, Purge, Blow down tube, Guages Colder spark plugs.

Do a search on here there has been a lot of talk about nitrous here lately. :cheers:

EDIT : Disreguard that 150 shot deal. I just read it again and relaized your running a turbo. Id say 50 shot.

Edited by thomp62301 (see edit history)

Thanks for the info. Have you heard anything about the ZEX kit. I was checking out there site and they have a kit for our trucks. And if I have meth injection, do you think that will effect it at all. Thanks Again

This is a subject you will get many answers on.

As for a kit, I perfer the NX wet kit. But NOS makes a very good kit, and I have been hearing a lot of good things about TNT nitrous kits also.

As for extra maintance, you will have to keep an eye on your spark plugs and change your oil more often.

150 Shot with a single stage wet kit is about the max with a proper tune, trans upgrades, etc. Misused, nitrous can be a engine killer. So do your homework. It will be worth it in the long run.

As for items to get along with it, Bottle heater, Fuel pressure safety switch, Purge, Blow down tube, Guages Colder spark plugs.

Do a search on here there has been a lot of talk about nitrous here lately. :cheers:

How was the install (time/difficulty). I heard most of the NOS kits are pretty easy to install.

NOS -Check out this thread

Nos Kit= NX (Nitrous Express) or NOS This is the kit I have

As far as shot size, Im not sure because your have another method of forced induction.

AND I also recomend getting a wideband, electric fuel pressure and electric nitrous pressure gauges.

Heres My set up Click Me

Thanks for the info. Have you heard anything about the ZEX kit. I was checking out there site and they have a kit for our trucks. And if I have meth injection, do you think that will effect it at all. Thanks Again

No do not get a Zex kit....call Nitrous Outlet...they have a beautiful kit...i love it and its good priced....you can run a small shot...keep it around a 50 shot...from what i have read you can do both meth and nitrous...but i would do one or the other and me myself i favor nitrous so i would do a 100 shot

All of this also depends on what kind of boost you are running