Jeep Compass

ThePDB

My fiance and I are getting married this July. We've talked about kids in the somewhat near future. I'll be driving about 40 min to work everyday (each way) and I definately don't wanna rack up the miles on my SS. We were thinking about a Compass. I don't want anyone to say it's ugly or it looks good- I'm just looking for helpful insight as to if it's a good purchase or not. Does anyone have one? or know of someone who does? I know it's not a 6.0 liter or anything- it does get good gas mileage though. Let me hear it!!!

Thanks! Chad

I looked at one for a commuter car. 4x4 with a 4 cyl still gets high 20's mpg. Ride wasnt bad, a little on the small side, but thats what it is, a compact suv. It wont tow much, but is good in snow, quality seemed to be ok. I would take the compass over a Ford Escape any day of the week. You can get alot of nice options with them as well. My only hang up was the lease pricing on them. I wanted to stay under $200/mo, but couldnt seem to find one for less than $250/mo in my area. Oh well.

I looked at one for a commuter car. 4x4 with a 4 cyl still gets high 20's mpg. Ride wasnt bad, a little on the small side, but thats what it is, a compact suv. It wont tow much, but is good in snow, quality seemed to be ok. I would take the compass over a Ford Escape any day of the week. You can get alot of nice options with them as well. My only hang up was the lease pricing on them. I wanted to stay under $200/mo, but couldnt seem to find one for less than $250/mo in my area. Oh well.

Yeah, a friend of mine has an 07 Black Limited. It has leather, heated seats, bla bla bla. The only bad thing is it's got 45000 miles. It's been taken care of so I'm not worried. They want around $12,200. Based on what I've seen that's a decent price. It has 18 inch wheels, it's a rally sport- It's auto, but it has the slapstick shift. Seems like a good buy- He said it costs about 35 bucks to fill it up- and he gets 330 miles to a tank! That's 1/3 of the cost of filling up our trucks- and its about the same mileage!

I wouldn't tow with it- so that doesn't matter. I do like the 4 wheel drive for winter time. I might jump on it. I'd love to get a TBSS- but that's not good gas mileage! I already have my toy with the SS.

One of my co-workers has one and it is an electrical nightmare, its on its 3rd stereo and 2nd set of speakers. There are many other electrical gremlins too, the wipers turn on sometimes when you step on the brake. The dealership can't figure it out. :uhoh:

I don't mind Jeep's, the Compass to me seems small? I guess maybe its just because I am a Chevy guy but...

Why not look at a used Chevy Equinox 2wd or 4wd? Used with decently low miles are very cheap for an '07 these days. They get around 22-24 MPG and have the 100K warranty. The '07+ Vibes get damn close to 30 MPG and also have the 100K warranty. Keep it in the family :chevy:

I don't mind Jeep's, the Compass to me seems small? I guess maybe its just because I am a Chevy guy but...

Why not look at a used Chevy Equinox 2wd or 4wd? Used with decently low miles are very cheap for an '07 these days. They get around 22-24 MPG and have the 100K warranty. The '07+ Vibes get damn close to 30 MPG and also have the 100K warranty. Keep it in the family :chevy:

I doubt I'd find a used equinox 4wd with all the options the compass has for only 12,500. Don't get me wrong- I'm a :chevy: guy, I have the SS and a gang of duramax trucks for work.

A friend of mine has a Jeep Patriot which is basically the same thing as the Compass just more boxy. IMO it's a good car, slow but gets good gas millage. Has a decent sounding sterio, good leg room, a good car for a daily driver. Hes had for almost a year and not 1 problem with it so far.

the compass is a death trap. decent fuel economy but not safe. I'm all about safety, I'll pay extra for gas but I want something that's gonna protect me and my passengers. Size matters when in comes to safety.

the compass is a death trap. decent fuel economy but not safe. I'm all about safety, I'll pay extra for gas but I want something that's gonna protect me and my passengers. Size matters when in comes to safety.

That's funny- I was reading it was getting the gov. highest side crash ratings- and it has all these airbags and bla bla bla. Good stuff to know! Thanks everyone for who has chimed in so far.

:withstupid: I was going to suggest an Equinox. The sport looks real good, imo.

If I were buying a Jeep it would the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. But for a small SUV I was looking at getting my wife a Ford Escape. Only because it's small, a hybrid, and you can get AWD. Gas is getting expenise and she wan'ts a hybrid to cut cost. I haven't heared any negitive about the Compass, only the wagon Magnums.

If I were buying a Jeep it would the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. But for a small SUV I was looking at getting my wife a Ford Escape. Only because it's small, a hybrid, and you can get AWD. Gas is getting expenise and she wan'ts a hybrid to cut cost. I haven't heared any negitive about the Compass, only the wagon Magnums.

My brothers wife has an Escape. It's on 03. It's awesome in the snow- it handles really well. The mileage is awesome too. She doesn't have a hybrid... but it's still a nice compact SUV.

get a trailblazer! We bought a used 2002 Trailblazer LTZ a couple months ago & we love it!!! It has a 4.2 I6 gets around 22mpg, i just towed a car on a trailer with it last weekend, can turn 4wd on & off & my payment is right at $200, plus it fits me, my wife, & 3 kids in there comfortably.