Hid's Installed

Picked up my 6000K HID's today and did a quick install. Came out pretty good, but I think the dark tinted overaly on my headlamps will have to come off. Really cuts down on the light output. Here are two pics. One with my halogen bulbs and then with the HID's. These were taken in my garage against a white background.

Halogen

DSC03358.jpg

6000k HID

DSC03359.jpg

Wow, that is a big difference.

Yeah it is a huge difference!

And that is with the dark film on the headlamps. I am going to take the film off this morning when I get home from work and take another pic. They really cut down on the light output. I think I am going to go with a clear overlay instead.

I just wish I could bypass the auto-on function. Don't like how the HID's turn on when the key is in the ACC mode and then cut off when the truck is started and then turn back on. Annoying!

Yeah it is a huge difference!

And that is with the dark film on the headlamps. I am going to take the film off this morning when I get home from work and take another pic. They really cut down on the light output. I think I am going to go with a clear overlay instead.

I just wish I could bypass the auto-on function. Don't like how the HID's turn on when the key is in the ACC mode and then cut off when the truck is started and then turn back on. Annoying!

Do a quick search, there is a thread around here somewhere about how to kill the auto-on...