Pcm Help Please...

yttaf

I purchased a used pcmforless.com pcm from a member on here. I installed it & it works fine except the gas gauge reads backwards. When I'm empty the gauge shows full & shows full when I am empty. Only difference is it was tuned for a 2004 SS and mine is an 2003 SS. We have the same mods done to the truck.

Anyone provide any help? Do I need to send it in & get it reprogrammed? I have a friend with HP Tuners can we fix it somehow?

Is it safe to drive with it until I have the cash to get a retune or better off to stick with the stock pcm?

I searched & found the difference between the 03 & 04 is one has return lines for the fuel & the other does not, but nothing for definite that says not to use it.

Is it safe to drive with it until I have the cash to get a retune or better off to stick with the stock pcm?

when i had my tune done by Bryan at his place, there was a issue with my pcm, so he was out of 03 cores so he took the one out of his 04 and tuned it for my truck. the gas gage was also backwards. i had it for about 2 weeks driving it and there was no issues. after he sent me a new one all good..

:seeya:

The fuel level senders reported inversely on the 04+ models when compared to the 03 and older. The bigger concern is the injector flow rate table. Being set up for an 04, the PCMs definition of your injector's flow characteristics is incorrect. Fuel trims are now learning to be high for you at part load and likely carrying into full load, causing you to waste fuel, albeit only a few percentage more than needed.

The fuel level senders reported inversely on the 04+ models when compared to the 03 and older. The bigger concern is the injector flow rate table. Being set up for an 04, the PCMs definition of your injector's flow characteristics is incorrect. Fuel trims are now learning to be high for you at part load and likely carrying into full load, causing you to waste fuel, albeit only a few percentage more than needed.
At todays prices even a small percentage can cost alot in the long run.

OK thank you Justin! That is the kind of info that i was looking for. I'm gonna put my stock pcm back in as I prefer not to waste something as pricey as fuel. Just cost me $81 to fill up. With that amount I could have almost had my pcm retuned!!!