Confused Or Just 2nd Thoughts....

Thanks for th ehelp last week with my ? I posted to general area. I did sign and put deposit on the 06 ISS and am off to the bank tomorrow. SO now I'm wondering....

This dealer does not have the document with Intimidator numbering. How can I tell if this is real deal or not? We can't find numbers anywhere so maybe by the VIN?

It's a one owner 24K mile truck that appears very clean - I had them agree and sign that my deposit was refundable If I wasn't pleased with final detail as there are a few scratches I'm hoping will come out. One right by gas fill so I'll see it all the time.

As soon as I get financed I've got a mountian of stereo to pull out of my F250 crew... ughh it's only been in a year. I'll be looking over what you guys have done sound wise first thing. Can't wait to tear into the SS....

Look in the driver side door jam, their should be a sticker their whitch states it's an Intimidator and other things. Also check the vin#.

Whats interesting is the drivers door jamb sticker is gone - you can see the white area but it's been removed. There are 2 of the door type stickers in the glove box. Nothing says intimidator. Since I gave the deposit Thursday I've found all of the ISS stuff avail on ebay, with exception of the spoiler.

Aside from seeing the actual ISS document would the original window sticker have anything? The dealer told me they could try and call owner.

I sat there while dealer called local chevy dealer and gave VIN thinking chevy dealer could verify but nothing came out of it.

Hmmmmmm

The original window sticker should specify if the truck is an ISS or not. I believe the RPO code that should be in the glove box is ISS or DEI but I am not 100% certain on that. I could look the RPO code up for you but the link is missing off of this forum. :wtf:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

It doesnt have a spoiler? if it dont it better have holes in the tailgate and bed...All ISS have that wing. Ther is your first clue.

It DOES have spoiler. Thats what caught my eye last week. I was saying all other ISS badging, headrests, gauge cluster are on ebay for little money. The only thing not on ebay was spoiler.

It DOES have spoiler. Thats what caught my eye last week. I was saying all other ISS badging, headrests, gauge cluster are on ebay for little money. The only thing not on ebay was spoiler.

Got ya..I thought that ebay statement meant you found what was missing on ebay excpet the spoiler...my bad

is there a same thing for the regular ss? i got a 04 black ss anyway i can find out??

You should have the following 3 codes in your glove box that define it as an SSS......

1SS for the SS trim package

LQ9 for the 6.0 Vortech V8

M32 for the 4L65E transmission

Your Vin# should also have an "N" as the eighth digit which defines the LQ9 engine package.

:chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

You should have the following 3 codes in your glove box that define it as an SSS......

1SS for the SS trim package

LQ9 for the 6.0 Vortech V8

M32 for the 4L65E transmission

Your Vin# should also have an "N" as the eighth digit which defines the LQ9 engine package.

:chevy:

Dan he is trying to find out if it is a ISS not a SS he already knows that LOL.

the vin will tell you if it is an ISS they were a production truck....not like a regency...and they also had a birth certificate. My Joe Gibbs truck could be identified as a Gibbs by the vin. If you dont mind me asking what do they want for the truck?

Hmmm well the VIN should have reported if it was an SSI truck; if you saw nothing then I would say the truck is not the real deal. Also, the truck could well have an aftermarket wing.

WORKAROUND - GM will only sell an Intimidator rear wing to a real bona-fide SSI truck VIN, unless you walk in already knowing all the part numbers required. So I would give the parts counter guy your VIN and tell him to look up the rear tailgate cap for that truck, and if the truck is legit it will come back as being originally equipped with an SSI wing. You should also find "SS Intimidator" chrome badge on the dash, rather than "SS"; also the parts guy should discover that the door and tailgate emblems were "SS Intimidator" rather than plain "SS"; also he will be able to show in the computer the truck came with the DEI headrests.

Mr. P.