Ss 345hp. Vs Hemi345hp?

Les Hall

Out here where i live every one has hemis so thats usually my main race. You will have a good truck length on him for sure. Last one i raced said he had intake and exhaust and he beat the ss but lost to me. IMO there was no way in hell he raced a real ss. You shouldnt sweat it you'll take him.

dont stock 2wd v-max's run high 14s stock?

my buddies stock rc 2wd hemi ran 14.90@89 bone stock.

fastest i have seen a stock SS run is 15.2 at the track but it was AWD.

Edited by HemiRamOn20s (see edit history)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro when i was stock i wooped on hemis all day long rcs extcabs and cummins their is no way a stock hemi could beat a stock ss period :nono:

Gonna run him as soon as we both got the same day off..AND it's NOT RAINING,,,,anyway around here we always race at what we call the quarter line which is bout a mile out town,,I think it's a little longer than a 1/4 mile though,,since I get 97mph everytime,,I rode with him right after he got his cold air intake and exhaust,, he spun like crazy & got 90mph,,but I know the faster mph don't always mean you win,,It's who gets there first. anyway,,I'll post the results as soon as we get to run em. :fingersx:

I beat those hemis up and down the street all day long. All I have is intake and exhaust on 03 SS. Extended cabs, regular cabs, with exhaust, intake, doesn't matter. The last one I raced was a 2wd regular cab on 20's with at least exhaust. He spun alot of the line- beat him by a car length with the A/C on full blast haha.

It should be a close race, the regular cab hemi is still lighter than an extended cab SS. Also they put out the same power. Just run him and you'll find out who is faster.

From what I've read the regular cab Hemi seems a better match for the 4 door SS... maybe the Ram is heavy, or heavier than a similar Chevy truck...? I think a Hemi Ram and a SSS is fairly similar in performance, but with AWD the SSS is more consistent out of the hole, it would be a fairly close race with an SSS but not with any Ram traction issues...

I would think a 2wd Chevy would be in the same boat as far as traction, if guys are doing 30mph burnouts in Chevy 2wds with good tires as the other thread says, I would think the guy who launches would have a danged good chance of winning...

The new Ram's Hemi is supposed to be up in power, it should be a closer match....?

yeah i know the RWD SS run 14's stock

Hey Les Ill come up there and show him how fast a SS is with a couple of mods if you would like. Just dont tell him about the 150 shot. lol :jester: Besides Ive been looking for an excuse for spraying my truck ever since i dumped my exaust and cut the cats off.