The Classic Is Dead!

RAYRAY25

[The '07 Classic VMAX was deemed a total loss by the insurance so I just pulled the trigger on a '08 VMAX LTZ w/sunroof. It was the exact same price as the Classic when we bought it a year ago. Starting over sucks! I had just got the tune, exhaust, and K&N for the Classic and got to drive it about a month with them installed. Not to mention the antenna delete and 2" drop (installed one week). Oh well, Wheatley if you're listening I'll be out to see you in about a month. I'm going to do it right this time and establish a base 1/4 mile time and then run it again after mods. The truck: Black on black leather, factory 20's, locking tailgate, curtain air bags, 6-Disc, and all the LTZ stuff. Future plans: 2-4 drop (the nbs sit way to high), tune (I hate TM), full custom exhaust (no more true duals?), headers, and cai. And maybe a invisible force field for Houston driving. R.I.P. the Classic... gone but not forgotten. post-14258-1207580458_thumb.jpg

Sorry about your lose, good looking truck. You'll be happy with the new V-Max.

What are those wheels you had on the classic? :cheers:

The wheels were only known to me as Moto's. They came in an American Racing box but I'm not sure if that's what they were. Hureo626 I'll be getting a crew with the expectations of an upcoming family. I tried to talk the wife into an extended cab SS but no go. I was able to talk her out of the sunroof though so that'll probably cost me another day to get the truck here. Holes in the roof are no good in 100 degree Texas heat.

I had them included in the deal. With the factory swap 17"s and all terrains they were $1295 w/285/50/20 Coopers. If you're in Texas I can help you out with the place I bought'em.

Oklahoma, I think my brother wants my 18's. I still would like to know where you got yours. That web site has them on sale for 280. w free shipping, not bad i thought.

Oklahoma, I think my brother wants my 18's. I still would like to know where you got yours. That web site has them on sale for 280. w free shipping, not bad i thought.

Yeah that's a pretty good price shipped free. Here's where I got mine.

TWC

I went down on options so I might talk to my salesperson to see about getting them on the NBS.

The truck is coming today for sure. No sunroof, but it does have LTZ, 6.0, sliding rear window, trailer brake (an extra hole in my beautiful dash), rain sensing wipers, home link, and the safety package. I can't wait. I might go p/u the drop shackles at lunch b/c I can't afford to do anything else but de-badging for now.

TWC

I went down on options so I might talk to my salesperson to see about getting them on the NBS.

The truck is coming today for sure. No sunroof, but it does have LTZ, 6.0, sliding rear window, trailer brake (an extra hole in my beautiful dash), rain sensing wipers, home link, and the safety package. I can't wait. I might go p/u the drop shackles at lunch b/c I can't afford to do anything else but de-badging for now.

Post new pics when you get it.

TWC

What badges are u going to take off? I took off all the badges except the Vortec Max badge. Looks way better without the badges.

What badges are u going to take off? I took off all the badges except the Vortec Max badge. Looks way better without the badges.

If it was totally up to me I'd take the VMAX badges off too (sleeper), but the wife likes them on this truck. This weekend I took off the bowtie, silverado, & ltz on the tailgate. All that I lack is the little GM squares on the doors. I was contemplating removing the mouldings from the doors also but decided to refrain for now. I put the VMAX badges that I bought to replace the ones on the classic on the engine cover. The NBS cover needed some dress-up. I'll take pictures tonight so ya'll can see my new toy. The LTZ interior is AWESOME and the BOSE in this truck stomps the classic. My only reservation is that it seems to have substantially less torque. I'm sure Wheatley and an exhaust will remedy that relatively soon.