For You Detailingaholics And Gurus Out There

LOL I got a laugh as well.

So on these "Kits" where you get one orange pad and one white pad etc.. "1 of"

How long do these pads last?

I'm also looking around and in the same boat as IH82W8. Well I used to put wax on by hand and then remove it with one of them "WEN" 10" orbital jobs. It worked fine for removing wax for me back in the day. LOL

I just pretty much wanted to see how long one of them kits lasted before having to purchase more pads and polish etc..

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

LOL I got a laugh as well.

So on these "Kits" where you get one orange pad and one white pad etc.. "1 of"

How long do these pads last?

I'm also looking around and in the same boat as IH82W8. Well I used to put wax on by hand and then remove it with one of them "WEN" 10" orbital jobs. It worked fine for removing wax for me back in the day. LOL

I just pretty much wanted to see how long one of them kits lasted before having to purchase more pads and polish etc..

Should last for quite a while........ Just to be safe, I ordered doubles of different pads, along with a bunch of WWMF towels...(which the WWMF with a foam insert is AWESOME)...........My mother-in-law (yes, I love this woman dearly-- :D) bought me the Zaino "Ultimate Show Car Polish Kit" which includes:

Z5 and Z2 (polishes)

Z16 (tire gloss)

Z7 (carwash concentrate)

Z9 (leather cleaner)

Z10 (leather treatment/conditioner)

Z6 (gloss enhancer--like a quick detailer)

Z18 (2-clay bars)

and the ZFX accelerator kit which cuts down on cure time

I washed/clayed the truck, and used Z5, then Z2, with Z6 in between coats, and I am truly impressed. I just need to get something with a little more "bite" like PoorBoys SSR2.5 to actually remove the rest of my swirls. I know that with proper cleaning and care, the pads should last quite a while. I also bought some detergent from Chris that is specifically for washing your micro-fiber towels in.....................

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

check out this tool, will not burn the paint and it works great.. many attachments. http://www.cyclotoolmakers.com/ , i have a local deatil shop that does a lot of research and they carry it there as a rental or even a rent and then own.. :thumbs:http://prevettes.com/ check them out, Rick the owner will answer any questions plus hes a car buff like ourselves... good luck

PC stands for what? porter cable? and how good is this Flex one and where can I buy one from? thank you :D and yes, my dewalt is a rotary variable speed.

The flex has more correction capabilites than the PC and UDM combined. Yet, it still is a safe machine. I just got mine and love it. There are somethings that the PC and UDM simply cannot fix. The flex gives you a little more power to get out those touch swirls and scratches.

Check out autopia.org there are lots of detailers that swear by this machine.

The Flex

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Oh man. Such a hard decision! Do I get the Cyclo, UDM, or Flex?? I guess I just have to read up on them and find out which one does the best job on taking out imperfections and swirls. Also - can any of these machines be used with the velcro thing because the pads I bought can be used with a velcro piece that screws into the buffer. Ugh I'm so indecisive!

Oh man. Such a hard decision! Do I get the Cyclo, UDM, or Flex?? I guess I just have to read up on them and find out which one does the best job on taking out imperfections and swirls. Also - can any of these machines be used with the velcro thing because the pads I bought can be used with a velcro piece that screws into the buffer. Ugh I'm so indecisive!

If you can afford it, get the Flex. Also, you won't have do do any reading, the Flex WILL out preform the UDM, PC, and Cyclo.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

I hear so many things about Zaino and Poorboys. How good are these products, and which one do you guys deem better? Or are they the same in quality?
I've always done mine by hand, and have used many different brands. I was a dedicated Meguire's user for years, and they still make an exelent product. But Zaino is my new favorite. It is by far the easiest to apply, and the finish is amazing. I'd highly recomend it.

...You could literally hold a PC over one spot w/ the OPM maxed out using the most aggressive foam pad you can find and a polishing compound and never build up enough friction to damage the paint.

I've done this just for giggles - I used the PC on a spot with 3M swirl mark remover for 45-minutes straight and no damage.

Mr. P.

If you can afford it, get the Flex. Also, you won't have do do any reading, the Flex WILL out preform the UDM, PC, and Cyclo.

As I read more about the FLEX, it became more appealing to me. I think that's the one that I am going to get. However, I have another question - why is the Cyclo one more expensive than the FLEX machine? Is it because the Cyclo machine is made all by hand? And if so, wouldn't the Cyclo one be better? I dunno - I'm just brainstorming here. Thank you so much guys! :jester: