Got Gas Today.

fast4popper

ya dunno how you did that... the tanks are like 26.8 gallons. your lucky you actually DROVE into that gas station lol

Chris's secret is out... he put special fuel lines on it that hold an extra 2 gallons of gas. Learned it from Harry on Days Of Thunder. :jester:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya dunno how you did that... the tanks are like 26.8 gallons. your lucky you actually DROVE into that gas station lol

with gas prices like they are, thats how i roll, scavenging the most i can out of the filler neck and tubes. also when i did the fuel pump, i added a few milk jugs to the underside for a lil extra luck while driving!

(and yes i have ran out of gas before in the SS)

Chit two weeks ago in Guam regular 87 was $4.01, on base it was $3.38! Glad I don't have my SS here. Wondering how you guys like those 91 octane tunes now? Mines still stock and I have no problems running 87, still the 15 mpg sux. I would drive the Vette, it gets around 20-25mpg (depending how heavy my foot is) but it pings like all get out if I think about putting 89 in it.

:seeya::flag:

Yea the NEX buys their fuel in bulk, that's why the prices don't jump around as much. Plus they average them from across the US.

I did see on MSN the lowest price in the US was in Adell, GA ... $2.01 >>> this was Monday!

:flag:

Edited by Hrtbeat1 (see edit history)

Yea the NEX buys their fuel in bulk, that's why the prices don't jump around as much. Plus they average them from across the US.

I did see on MSN the lowest price in the US was in Adell, GA ... $2.01 >>> this was Monday!

not to long ago, AFEES use to sell there gas on military bases for about .15-.20 cts. cheaper then on the economy. when they sold gas at $1.00 per gal they were making over .75 cts. per gal. profit.. :mad: because THEY DO NOT PAY TAXES of any kind on there fuels..a Government non-profit organization.. :nonod:

:seeya:

Yea I dropped a $50.00 on the stuff today. But ya gotta have it. I first freaked out when pulling in and seeing $3.85 but that was for the Diesel *Whew*. I had to order some steel for work today and we got to talking about gas prices and he said Diesel was $4.09 in Kansas City atm. I'm sure we'll be at that come Summer. *GRUMBLES*

post-14942-1207788306_thumb.jpg

I hear alot of guys complaining about fuel mileage on their SS. It really isn't that much different then any other truck. I just traded in my POS 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat crew cab 5.4ltr. for my 2003 SS with some minor mods and the fuel mileage is only .5MPG off. I've only driven it 4 days so it might be a little off, but not enough to complain about considering I now have a REAL truck.

:mad: because THEY DO NOT PAY TAXES of any kind on there fuels..a Government non-profit organization.. :nonod:

:seeya:

Didn't know that part. Guess it makes sense though, them being a non-profit org. part anyway.

:confused: If they are non-profit how the heck can they be making a profit? They would have to sell at their cost. Something fishy there. Not doubting you, just their practices/policies.