Headed To Charlotte

drclaw5

Anybody know of anything fun to do in Charlotte? Driving there on thursday may 15 and the race isnt until saturday. Any good bars or restaurants to go to? Pretty pumped about going to the race though! :D Anybody else going?

Jeez, where to start. Charlotte area is like a second home to me, my uncle works for a Cup team and lives in Huntersville.

In the city university area I would go to Boardwalk Billy's for sure. Awesome bar/grill/sit down restaurant, probably the best place in the university area. Its not far from the track and they usually have pretty kick ass live music. Also Quaker Steak & Lube is right down from the track on Speedway Blvd and is a great wing place. There is a Hooters down there and a few other chain restaurants as well. There is also a Dave & Buster's down there in the mall. Mc Alister's Deli & Restaurant is a good place to grab a good sandwich or salad for sure, there are a bunch of them in Concord & Charlotte university area.

In Huntersville, I would go to Red Rocks if you are looking for a little bit of a nicer sit down place, it is in the Birkdale Shopping Village. Birkdale is a cool little place to walk around as well. If you are into Sushi/Japanese hibachi I would check out Sushi @ The Lake, nice place. There is also a Chili's and a Outback there, as I am sure there are all over down in the city area.

A great Nascar styled restuarant is Lancaster's BBQ & Wings in Mooresville. If you are up there I would def. go if I was you. Lots of Nascar memorabilia and its just a cool place to see. Many of the Cup teams that are in Mooresville usually go there for lunch. There is also a Hooters on I-77 between Huntersville and Mooresville.

Are you going to any of the race shops? Hendrick, Roush, Yates, Ganassi are pretty close to the track. Gibbs is in Huntersville and there are a bunch (DEI, Red Bull, Penske, Petty) in Mooresville.

PM me or post back if you need any more info. You will have a great time!

Used to go all the time when I lived in SC. Now haven't been to a race since moving down here. KissmySilvSS pretty much named all the places I can think of. If you get the chance to take a tour of some of the Cup shops definately go. Penske South is amazing, you can eat off the engine shop floors. I'm sure the others are just the same. One word of caution if you are driving to/from the track that weekend ... watch your speed. The Popo will be out hot and heavy, and they don't give much leeway. Some of the best times I've had have been at the trackside campgrounds/parking lots. What a party ... bunch of really good people.

Have a good one!

:flag:

Edited by Hrtbeat1 (see edit history)

I will def let you know where im staying. gotta talk to Tara (fiance) and find out cause she booked it. Prolly wont be driving to and from the race that day, gonna take a cab to and from the race. probably be drinking a little bit :jester: I am def planning on going to a couple of the cup shops! gonna try and persuade them to let me take a car for a spin! maybe get a new job! KJT you should def try to come! tickets arent that bad and if your a sprint customer by chance they are giving tickets away! thats how we got them! Thanks for all you guys' help!