My Idle Is Funny After Hptuner Tune

smalltownguy

hey guys i got the hptuners software and have been ****in with my truck all night....probably not a good idea but i like doin stuff and learning so anyway i finally got this baby to go 120+ but i dont know how much higher cause i didnt have the laptop hooked up still....anyway my idle is still set around 600 or 700, somin round there and the truck runs at 300 rpm when it first starts or when i come to a complete stop and often dies when i first go into reverse or first time into drive....i remember seening a chart that only allowed the rpm to fall so far before it interfered and it was 300rpm stock so i left it but now it idles funny and all i fulled with was shift points and limiters with a little degree changes...so if ya know anything to help me i would appreciate it but if not ill just fool with that chart i saw somewhere in there that had the 300 rpm setting! Thanks for reading all this shit....tuning is fun! i hope i dont break somin

hey guys i got the hptuners software and have been ****in with my truck all night....probably not a good idea but i like doin stuff and learning so anyway i finally got this baby to go 120+ but i dont know how much higher cause i didnt have the laptop hooked up still....anyway my idle is still set around 600 or 700, somin round there and the truck runs at 300 rpm when it first starts or when i come to a complete stop and often dies when i first go into reverse or first time into drive....i remember seening a chart that only allowed the rpm to fall so far before it interfered and it was 300rpm stock so i left it but now it idles funny and all i fulled with was shift points and limiters with a little degree changes...so if ya know anything to help me i would appreciate it but if not ill just fool with that chart i saw somewhere in there that had the 300 rpm setting! Thanks for reading all this shit....tuning is fun! i hope i dont break somin

Your playing with fire,but I am sure some of the hptuners pro's can help you.Did you post on hptuners website?

Your playing with fire,but I am sure some of the hptuners pro's can help you.Did you post on hptuners website?

:withstupid:

be safe young jedi...the hptuner force is not to be taken lightly.

after you change a tune, it will take some 'learning time' to fill in data into the PCM, so it might just need some time...or you could be destroying your engine.

thanks to all you guys! My buddy has helped me...he tunes cars for a living! he also said it takes some learning time and today it didnt do that so I think its all good! I will be careful and not mess up my truck and i know im kinda playing with fire but i get alot of imput on everything i do! thanks for lookin out guys :)