Painting Ss Emblems

I'm still looking to get my SS badging painted black. I figure my best bet is to order a new set, get those painted at a shop or do them myself, and switch them out. Has anyone done this yet?

I'm still looking to get my SS badging painted black. I figure my best bet is to order a new set, get those painted at a shop or do them myself, and switch them out. Has anyone done this yet?

There is a guy on ebay that is selling the double sided tape that is precut for the ss emblems. That would be the cheapest way to go, I think he is selling them for about $8.00 and you get 4 in the set. I think his user name is thedumpsterchicken, but he just had some go off bid. Mabe you could contact him to see if he has any more left.

asked the dealership today about the ss badges this morning, they quoted me at $50+ a set. just over 150 for both doors and the tailgate. i think ill keep my eye on ebay and try to pick some up cheaper. maybe i'll hit the junkyard and hope i get lucky!

i did it...we just took some fishing line and got them off....cleaned all of the sticky tape off and scuffed them up and sprayed a base coat clear coat on them

DSCN1311.jpg

looks good virgil. . . do you have any more pictures of clifford?

I took all mine off today and painted em. They came out really good, I just used some auto body spray paint from the parts store and some clearcoat. Ill post pics later- I ordered some of the pre-cut double sided tape from that guy on ebay too so I wont be able to put em on til I get them