Conflicted About Results

brobradh77

Ok as some know i have been plagued by missing boost..I run a 2.8 pulley and only getting around 7.25# of boost insted of the 9-9.5 i should be and the aeroforce gauge has been showing HP to be around 488...so I replaced the boost valve hoping it was the culprit after all we already pulled the blower off once already to double check everything.

This is where i''m conflicted..changing it woke my truck up..sort of...I am now running 8#'s of boost BUT monitoring my guage right before my 2-3 shift I was reading 556 hp and i even saw a 57x in the mix before then...so my truck has come alive and pulling like a freight train but ..still not making the boost it should be.....any more ideas?

How much HP are you 9# guys running at?

We did have a great time this weekend..thanks guys for all the help..

Brad, Did you ever try a different boost gauge?

you might want to try an old school mechanical to test it out, they are a lot more accurate IMO. you'd only be out like $50 on that one, but atleast you'd know that the aeorforce was accurate

just curious... does the aeroforce read 2-3lbs with the truck not running??

PS did you check the blinker fluid?? :jester:

Are you judging hp using your Areoforce gauge? I don't think that they are a very good judge of hp. I have seen like 600 hp w/mine and I know that ain't even close. I will try it out again when I go out later.

Are you judging hp using your Areoforce gauge? I don't think that they are a very good judge of hp. I have seen like 600 hp w/mine and I know that ain't even close. I will try it out again when I go out later.

Yeah I was seeing 611hp at WOT getting on the Highway according to the gauge. So I don't think you can go by that.

Brad, Did you ever try a different boost gauge?

you might want to try an old school mechanical to test it out, they are a lot more accurate IMO. you'd only be out like $50 on that one, but atleast you'd know that the aeorforce was accurate

just curious... does the aeroforce read 2-3lbs with the truck not running??

PS did you check the blinker fluid?? :jester:

i amrunning a mechanical gauge..the areoforce is just ther to monitor other stuff...we went and got a different gauge and its wierd..I didnt see it but danny said it said 8 as well but the boost gauge in my truck at the moment reads 8 but it doesnt zero out while off...it goes about 1# to the vacuum side and I thought i really am running 9 because of that but dunno..

This is a matter of opinion i suppose..My friends dynoed with 5 HP of what the Aeroforce gage told him..i will go log it or dyno it this week and compare just to be sure.

it said 8 as well but the boost gauge in my truck at the moment reads 8 but it doesnt zero out while off...it goes about 1# to the vacuum side and I thought i really am running 9 because of that but dunno..

It seems to me that there is a really good chance that you are running 9#s now since that guage reads 1# into vacuum when off........I would try another guage or figure a way to correct/zero that one out :chevy:

yeah the 2 bar has been thrown around a few times...how much?

As for the aeroforce gauge HP results they in my other logs are prettty much identicla in their calculations but I know a dyno is the only definate...I was mainly excited to see a 70 hp increase on the gauge..something we did this weekend responded well

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)