Yup, Another New Guy

driftlimo

Hello there, newbie here. Long time car guy, first time truck owner. Just bought an SS a few weeks ago, figured Id come here and introduce myself and see what i can learn about my new toy. I say "toy", but the truck will do more daily duty than anything else, I got another car thats a project. Ill probably still do a little bit here and there to the truck though. What kind of gearhead would I be if I can leave a vehicle stock right? Well anyways I got some pics of the truck to throw up here, but theres not really anything special about it, like I said, its 100% stock. But Im proud of the truck so Ill show it off anyway.

silverado1.jpg

silverado2.jpg

silverado3.jpg

oh yeah, and it figures I wouldnt own a new vehicle for too long before the cops started getting to know it. a word of advice, if you go take pics at night make sure you watch for the police, haha

cops1.jpg

cops were cool. more curious and bored than anything else. they just ran my ID and my tag and let me finish up with the pics. they pulled off after that and i left that parking lot soon after.

Im in North Carolina, currently in Goldsboro but im growing tired of this town. might be moving soon. probably either raleigh or greensboro.

yeah, i do the drifting stuff. i got an old school toyota cressida that i use now, used to have an rx-7 turbo, before that it was a porsche 944. i started back in 99 and ive been hooked every since, its just so much fun.

Have you ever participated in a drift event? I have a friend that participates he's got a 91 Nissan 240 awesome drift car! Just yesterday he was in a amature drift comp. Out here in cali this weekend the formula drift is in town, I wonder if an SS's could be part of drifting?

10zin, yeah its just my parking lights on.

yeah ive done a few events, not many though. my work schedule dictates my ability to drive a few hours to go to an event. im sure the SS could get into drifting, as long as it was one of the rear drive ones. i know a guy that used to slide a slammed tacoma and ive seen vids of a lightning sliding around a drift course too.

haha, ive already got some ideas/plans for the truck. all it took was a look at youtube for stuff on the SS and i got dropkits, longtubes, turndowns, cams and nitrous swirling around in my head. ill definatley do some stuff to the truck but ive already got about 4 grand in my toyota and im still going with it so the truck is going to have to wait for now.