Newest Gas Price Strategy

misterp

I got this in my email today, a new twist on the "dont buy gas on such-and-such day" - what do you think? I wonder if this was sent out by a Shell or Chevron employee :lol:

Mr. P. :)

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer, and it might go higher!!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? ... we ... all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

One of my friends came across something like this... It was more along the lines of buying gas from American companies that do not import gas from the middle east...

Stolen from http://www.hosanna1.com/3A3W/GasSolutions/:

Which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 - 8/31/01 -

Shell 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway 17,740,000 barrels

Amoco 62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel - no, as of 8/05 try $65/barrel!!!, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (36.5 billion!!!)

Here are some large companies that do NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo 0 barrels

Sunoco 0 barrels

Conoco 0 barrels

Sinclair 0 barrels

BP/Phillips 0 barrels

Hess 0 barrels

Therefore, buying gas from the companies on the bottom of list will help bring down the price of gas from the larger suppliers... get it? The idea behind this is plausible, the only requirement is mass participation, which I doubt this will recieve.

The bad thing about that is the companies at the bottom of the list all (with the exception of Sinclair ... not sure about them) buy most of their oil from Venezuela, a country that is very anti-American. Whatever happened to American oil?

:flag:

Yeah I've seen that type of strategy. nothing is going to work. We need an alternate fuel supply but that won't happen anytime soon. The goverment is in the pocket of the oil companies. Maybe if we put helium(sp?) in our tires we'll get better gas milage lol :crackup:

this is my feeling on big oil.... :M16:

6 hp . :thumbs:

custom wheels . :eek:

large storage space (for all your junk) . :driving:

retractable soft top . :pimp:

out side seating, (when she has PMS) . :crackup:

if one breaks down...BBQ . :D

go back to real horse power..

:seeya:

this is my feeling on big oil.... :M16:

6 hp . :thumbs:

custom wheels . :eek:

large storage space (for all your junk) . :driving:

retractable soft top . :pimp:

out side seating, (when she has PMS) . :crackup:

if one breaks down...BBQ . :D

go back to real horse power..

:seeya:

LOL yeah I bet the Amish are laughing their asses off at us right now! Then again I don't have to scoop-up after my SSS. Knock on wood!

Mr. P.

Yeah ... that is a new twist ... But I bet they will just sell it a wholesale to their competitors if it came to it.

BTW ... Nice new Sig Picture ... :thumbs:

Thanks nothing special, Sprayed99 took that one and I liked it. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

This has been going around for a bout 3 or 4 years now. Brian(posi12bolt) posted something like that way back before all these hikes started.

Exxon and Mobil control the price if you buy from the compitition they lose profits, and reduce cost. Forcing everyone else to drop prices as well.

I mainly use Sunoco or Hess, depending on what's more convenient. Hess is always about 12 cents cheaper for 93. Hess however buys from whatever distributor they can get it cheapest. Regardless of origin. A few on that second list follow that route. If it's not Middle Eastern, then for the most part it's Venezuelan.