Hot New Mods For Yttaf

yttaf

I just ordered my slate gray ultrasuede microfiber this morning. It should go well with the stock plastic color hopefully. I was REALLY surprised to see that the stock visors didn't require stitching to recover... that's what really sold me on finally doing mine.

Now I just need to go get some matching vinyl to finish my speaker box that's been riding around in bare wood for 2+ years...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the speakers and suede are only so good when the truck dont run!!!! :cheers:

Trans came in yesterday. I'm going to need something else to do by the weekend because the trans will be done by Wednesday or Thursday night. I would have had it mostly done last night, but I noticed a cracked trans cooler line and had to swap that out (with 3 trips to the parts store). :chevy:

where can i find that vinyl dye???

Quick internet search http://www.autostyles.com/sem.htm I found some SEM dyes, or you can go to just about any interior shop and pick something compareable up. I've had good luck with Marhyde products as well as Parasol (not rattle can on this one though).

Quick internet search http://www.autostyles.com/sem.htm I found some SEM dyes, or you can go to just about any interior shop and pick something compareable up. I've had good luck with Marhyde products as well as Parasol (not rattle can on this one though).

cool thnx :thumbs: i guessing they used the graphite color??? i dont see the satin black color he was talking about....

-Rob

Here is my black suede headliner fast4popper & I installed saturday at our iowa ss meet!!! He also installed an alarm/remote start & had a guy come over & tint my front windows. I'll have pics up of the tint soon!!!

SSSmeet020.jpg

SSSmeet021.jpg

SSSmeet026.jpg

SSSmeet027.jpg

SSSmeet028.jpg

alarm/remote start

SSSmeet030.jpg

:drool::drool:

I WANT 1

cool thnx :thumbs: i guessing they used the graphite color??? i dont see the satin black color he was talking about....

-Rob

It just comes down to color preference really. If you look around the typical interior, there are usually at least 3 or 4 colors of similar shades in there. You just want to choose something in the right spectrum. If you don't like it, just respray a different color.

FYI, the Marhyde brand can be ordered by your local auto parts store and many are kept in stock. I know my Oreilly's has several colors...

Here is a picture of the tint & some more of the finished headliner. Oh yeah forgot to add we covered the front A pillars too!!! Oh also forgot we deadened the roof too before we put the headliner back in!!!

SSSmeet102.jpg

SSSmeet076.jpg

SSSmeet100.jpg

SSSmeet101.jpg

SSSmeet099.jpg

SSSmeet092.jpg

Edited by yttaf (see edit history)

-Rob

on the graphite headliners i use the graphite dye. this is the first black headliner i have done, on Yttaf's liner we used the satin black dye that SEM makes. you might not see it on that site, but i can tell you, i have 3 cans sitting in my paint cabinet. so they do make it. i also know that SEM is not the only manufacturer out there. so try your hand at other things. you can use a plastic prep if you like as well, but DO NOT use it on the rubber handles, it will never dry. (trust me i tried on my own)

hope this helps.

looks tits bro, but why didnt u put the visors back in?

I don't know for sure if they were 100% done or not because they were kicking ThePDB's butt (he was doing the visors). I know Chad had to set them down and take a little break because he was getting frustrated. I think that part (the visors) may look easier than it actually is, because when I said "Hey, that looks easy", Chad said "here you go, some practice for you"... :wtf:

I don't know for sure if they were 100% done or not because they were kicking ThePDB's butt (he was doing the visors). I know Chad had to set them down and take a little break because he was getting frustrated. I think that part (the visors) may look easier than it actually is, because when I said "Hey, that looks easy", Chad said "here you go, some practice for you"... :wtf:

SS bnoon SS/ Brad I'm a big boy I can answer my own questions that you apparently do not know the answer to!!!

looks tits bro, but why didnt u put the visors back in?

Now to answer the question for me: I like the clean look of the headliner without the visors so I am leaving them out. I am however getting them redone to match so that if I ever change my mind I will have them.