Hot New Mods For Yttaf

yttaf

SS bnoon SS/ Brad I'm a big boy I can answer my own questions that you apparently do not know the answer to!!!

They weren't done until well after you pulled the truck out of the garage, at least the first time... and I did say that I wasn't 100%. Chad was talking about maybe having to redo one or both of them if they didn't turn out as well as he had liked, and he did have to take a break from them, so neener neener.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS bnoon SS/ Brad I'm a big boy I can answer my own questions that you apparently do not know the answer to!!!

Now to answer the question for me: I like the clean look of the headliner without the visors so I am leaving them out. I am however getting them redone to match so that if I ever change my mind I will have them.

For the price i can get these done, its not worth doin them and being frustrated. PDB does a good job, but sometimes, things are just worth payin for. BTW Cory, these are done, when do you want them? i can ship them, or we can just get them to you when you come down again.

I also like the clean look of visorless, kinda like "shaved" but with a lil suede feel to it :) but i have other plans with my visors...

For the price i can get these done, its not worth doin them and being frustrated. PDB does a good job, but sometimes, things are just worth payin for. BTW Cory, these are done, when do you want them? i can ship them, or we can just get them to you when you come down again.

I also like the clean look of visorless, kinda like "shaved" but with a lil suede feel to it :) but i have other plans with my visors...

I'll just get them next time we are down. I'm likeing it without them atleast until I have to drive straight into the sun.... :cool:

Now to answer the question for me: I like the clean look of the headliner without the visors so I am leaving them out. I am however getting them redone to match so that if I ever change my mind I will have them.

boys boys boys. play nice, cant we all just get along?? NAH what fun would that be if we didnt have some differences?!

Ill vouch for chad....those visors look like they are a b!tch!!! luckily i didnt want mine done.... Brad if you really are going to rip on chad for the visors....ill send you mine....

I vouch for Chad too. It doesn't matter if he had trouble or not I thanked him for his efforts & he did an excellent job in my book. It's not like I'm using them anyways, but that's right from what I've heard you can do it all... so next time we'll just ask you to do it for us :banghead: we'll see if you can mess those up too.

Ill vouch for chad....those visors look like they are a b!tch!!! luckily i didnt want mine done.... Brad if you really are going to rip on chad for the visors....ill send you mine....

How in the world am I ripping on Chad about the visors? I said they looked easy when compared to the old style that needed sewing, then I watched him do some and they sure weren't easy... That's why he had to take a break and walk away for a while and I didn't want "practice" on someone else's stuff that they were paying for. Are you guys really getting things up in a bunch, or just messing with me??? :confused:

I wasn't charging ytaff for his visors- just killing time and giving me something to do. Chris and Cory were busy with other stuff so I figured why not. I think brents turned out ok when I did them. For some reason the black showed more than the charcoal color does and I wasn't happy with the seams.

After seeing how good chris' visors look- it's well worth the money to have them "professionally" done. I don't have visors back in my truck... so I don't care. It's worth the money though if you want the visors done.

As for the paint- everyone knows theres more than 1 way to skin a cat... (isn't that how the saying goes?) The cool thing is- we can all collaborate on here and find out what works the best. I've only met 1 person who thought he was a genious... I'll leave that alone. ANYWAYS!!!

I will say that if there is anyone in the midwest area that's in the market for a headliner- Chris does a PHENOMINAL job- and the price is even better. I agree with Chris about people being charged close to $1,000.00. Just do a search on here and you'll see.

I think aside from chris' headliner- mine has been done for the 2nd longest (from the ones we've done, I'm certainly not the 2nd person on the forum with a suede headliner) (I just wanna make that clear) and I haven't had a single issue- not even any paint to touch up.

Edited by ThePDB (see edit history)

I wasn't charging ytaff for his visors- just killing time and giving me something to do. Chris and Cory were busy with other stuff so I figured why not. I think brents turned out ok when I did them. For some reason the black showed more than the charcoal color does and I wasn't happy with the seams.

After seeing how good chris' visors look- it's well worth the money to have them "professionally" done. I don't have visors back in my truck... so I don't care. It's worth the money though if you want the visors done.

As for the paint- everyone knows theres more than 1 way to skin a cat... (isn't that how the saying goes?) The cool thing is- we can all collaborate on here and find out what works the best. I've only met 1 person who thought he was a genious... I'll leave that alone. ANYWAYS!!!

I will say that if there is anyone in the midwest area that's in the market for a headliner- Chris does a PHENOMINAL job- and the price is even better. I agree with Chris about people being charged close to $1,000.00. Just do a search on here and you'll see.

I think aside from chris' headliner- mine has been done for the 2nd longest (from the ones we've done, I'm certainly not the 2nd person on the forum with a suede headliner) (I just wanna make that clear) and I haven't had a single issue- not even any paint to touch up.

After talking with you while you were doing yttaf's, I think I'll be grinding down a spare screwdriver to make a better tool to get the material in the groove a little easier. Hopefully that will help the process along... I actually didn't think his looked bad at all, just looked harder than it needed to be to poke the material into the seam.