The Valve Is Stuck Open On My Solenoid. $900+

jeremy.woinarowicz

So I just took my pickup into a dealer to have them see whats wrong with it and the guy says my valve is stuck open on an ecm solenoid, and he said its running rich. And he also mentioned it would cost over 900 to fix. Has anyone fixed one of these themselves and if so can you fill me in. Thanks.

So I just took my pickup into a dealer to have them see whats wrong with it and the guy says my valve is stuck open on an ecm solenoid, and he said its running rich. And he also mentioned it would cost over 900 to fix. Has anyone fixed one of these themselves and if so can you fill me in. Thanks.

ok a little confusion here. . . . .do you mean a fuel injector is stuck open?

OK I'll bite - this is a f'n Chevy not a damned Benz, nothing should cost $900 to fix. I call total B.S. on this deal, because there are two solenoids in the EVAP system - one is mounted atop the intake manifold just 2" behind the throttle body, and the second is EASILY reached by dropping the EVAP canister and that is located just forward of the fuel tank - you don't have to mess with the gas tank at all. Please post-up the details from the written estimate, I can't wait to see what takes $900 on this deal... You can probably salvage the whole evap cannister from an '03 truck in a wrecking yard for nearly nothing...

Mr. P.

OK I'll bite - this is a f'n Chevy not a damned Benz, nothing should cost $900 to fix. I call total B.S. on this deal, because there are two solenoids in the EVAP system - one is mounted atop the intake manifold just 2" behind the throttle body, and the second is EASILY reached by dropping the EVAP canister and that is located just forward of the fuel tank - you don't have to mess with the gas tank at all. Please post-up the details from the written estimate, I can't wait to see what takes $900 on this deal... You can probably salvage the whole evap cannister from an '03 truck in a wrecking yard for nearly nothing...

Mr. P.

very well stated steve. . . . .try to read the codes that the truck has and post them up so we can lead you in the right direction