Front Door Speaker Trim

I'm wondering if anybody has aftermarket speakers in their door panels and has them showing or if everybody just replaced the mesh covers... I want to leave mine showing and fabricate a trim of some sort... I'm thinking of a painted black trim covering the slot that the old speaker covers mounted through... does anybody have ideas on what the easiest way would be to do that and what I should use? Back when I first installed the sound system, I tried to cut wholes in the mesh cover so the speaker grille and tweeter would protrude a little, but it looked tacky... I greatly appreciate the help

post-15329-1208298094_thumb.jpg

When I replaced my speakers I tried to have everything still look stock, so I left the mesh in place. I'm not one to try and advertise what I've put in my vehicles.

Yeah i understand that especially when nowadays some young punk will look in through your window and if they see anything nice they'll break in and steal it... I tried to replaced the mesh but the tweeter and speaker grille got in the way... i may be getting new speakers soon so i will look for some that will allow me to replace the mesh (possibly painted black or dark charcoal grey)... i see you are in San Jose.. I stay up in Fremont. Do you ever get together will any other SS guys?