Got Pulled Over By The Po-po

8hnpSS

So... before anyone sais anything I know what I did was really dumb and I'm over that, now I just need some info and advice. I was leaving school at around 2:45 and one of my friends thought he was cool and does 5 mph infront of me and I had to be at work at 3.. So me being the tough guy nails the gas and passes him up on the other side of the road 5 seconds later I see the lights behind me. The cop took both of my PBA cards and still gave me a ticket :fume: . I just need to know how many points careless driving is? And does anyone know how much of a fine this will be in court? This is my first ticket. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know about NJ but its probably worse than here in SC, I got a reckless driving ticket for passing in the emergency lane on the interstate and it was $575 and 6 points- but since it was in a small town I paid an extra $100 and got it dropped to 2 points and just a speeding ticket. Ha

It probly gonna cost you a $hitload and youre insurance is gonna go through the roof

Did he take your PBA cards... as in, didn't give them back?

Also, yes, you were stupid. You're probably going to hear that from all of us, and those who don't post it are thinking it.

I will, however, be the first to say that sometimes stupidity gets the best of us. It has certainly gotten me before, and will definitely get me again.

As I don't live in New Jersey, I don't know how you'd go about the ticket... If it happened in MA I would say just live with it, since you really wouldn't have a case in front of a magistrate, but I don't know how NJ works...

I dont know about NJ but its probably worse than here in SC, I got a reckless driving ticket for passing in the emergency lane on the interstate and it was $575 and 6 points- but since it was in a small town I paid an extra $100 and got it dropped to 2 points and just a speeding ticket. Ha

It probly gonna cost you a $hitload and youre insurance is gonna go through the roof

Well I was hoping that I could get all the points taken off but if not then my insurance is going to kick my in the ass, and I'm also only 17!!!

Did he take your PBA cards... as in, didn't give them back?

Also, yes, you were stupid. You're probably going to hear that from all of us, and those who don't post it are thinking it.

I will, however, be the first to say that sometimes stupidity gets the best of us. It has certainly gotten me before, and will definitely get me again.

As I don't live in New Jersey, I don't know how you'd go about the ticket... If it happened in MA I would say just live with it, since you really wouldn't have a case in front of a magistrate, but I don't know how NJ works...

Yea he kept both of my PBA cards.

Its 2 points..Dont bother fighting it, your gonna lose, pay the ticket online. The Judge in RiverEdge is a hard ass. Your lucky you didnt get a ticket for reckless driving. Get any more tickets and your is going to court will be mandatory along with driving school, and youll be on Probation, becuase your on a provisial license.

Edited by HaZe_X (see edit history)

professional bowling association :jester: lol sorry couldnt help myself. Police Benevolence Association. local police union. if you take the class through the state you get points off your license but not off your insurance. they are different. the insurance ones last 3 years and you get 2 i think license ones taken off every year if you get no points within that period. i believe the above stated info is correct :thumbs:

professional bowling association :jester: lol sorry couldnt help myself. Police Benevolence Association. local police union. if you take the class through the state you get points off your license but not off your insurance. they are different. the insurance ones last 3 years and you get 2 i think license ones taken off every year if you get no points within that period. i believe the above stated info is correct :thumbs:

Professional bowling association ahahahahhahaha. I'm going to try my conections with cops before I do anything. I bought my SS from a cop 1 town away from where I got pulled over so I'm going to give him a call and see what he sais I should do.

:nono::nonod::sigh:

Being so young this is gonna effect your insurance for a while unfortunatley, unless you can beat the ticket or get the ticket knocked down. The cop witnessed your momentary lapse in good judgement so you will have a hard time doing either. Yes I will say it too, that was a stupid move to make. :idiot:

I am surprised he didn't say anything about your tail lights. :confused::dunno:

Around here, sometimes you can go to court and they will raise the fine but lower/eliminate the points reduction. (Plea to a different offense.) More expensive ticket can be worth it in some situations.

All they want is your money anyhow. :jester:

Edited by WI_Dave (see edit history)

I'll spare you the lecture and get straight to the advice, and I'm dead serious on this one - call Ms. IH82W8 and get the name of their family attorney, he'll get it knocked down to a moving violation at least if not get some "arrangement" made for you. As young as you are, you've got bigger problems than fines, you DO NOT want a criminal driving charge on your record or you will be *almost* uninsurable in that truck not to mention ; quit giving the insurance companies ammo against you, there's a time and place to drive stupid and that's wasn't it. Do not pass go do not collect $200, send her a text msg right now...

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

:nono::nonod::sigh:

Being so young this is gonna effect your insurance for a while unfortunatley, unless you can beat the ticket or get the ticket knocked down. The cop witnessed your momentary lapse in good judgement so you will have a hard time doing either. Yes I will say it too, that was a stupid move to make. :idiot:

I am surprised he didn't say anything about your tail lights. :confused::dunno:

They weren't on when I got stopped yesterday. I took them off a few days ago because they were dark and I was waiting for the line of fire to come from UPS. I got the line of fire today so they will be back on as of tommorow.