Lowering Kit

GMXP

I want to lower my ss and put 22 in wheels on it but not sure what to buy. I have seen a 2-2 drop is that in addition to the stock drop. so does that and up a 3-4 drop. I also tow a camper with this truck...please help ....

I want to lower my ss and put 22 in wheels on it but not sure what to buy. I have seen a 2-2 drop is that in addition to the stock drop. so does that and up a 3-4 drop. I also tow a camper with this truck...please help ....

A 2/2 drop gives you a 2/2 drop from where it sits right now. If you are pulling a camper while lowered some helper air bags in the back could help out there (not sure if actually needed for only a 2" drop). And you shouldn't have any problems with those 22's either.

Now for parts your best bet is probably the 2" drop spindles for front & 2" shackles in the back.

I just bought my truck, does it look lowered to any of you? To me it looks lower than some ss's. Factory rims going on this weekend as well.

edit: Well it looks alot higher than the one pictured above, but to me it stills seems lower than some pics I have seen.

post-15495-1208391114_thumb.jpg

Edited by lilindy500 (see edit history)

A 2/2 drop gives you a 2/2 drop from where it sits right now. If you are pulling a camper while lowered some helper air bags in the back could help out there (not sure if actually needed for only a 2" drop). And you shouldn't have any problems with those 22's either.

Now for parts your best bet is probably the 2" drop spindles for front & 2" shackles in the back.

I see you have a 2-3 drop why not 2-2 ?

Edited by GMXP (see edit history)

I see you have a 2-3 drop why not 2-2 ?

personal preference... I wanted to go the lowest I could without cutting up the truck & keep the ride pretty good. Besides my truck is a play toy. It sits around and only comes out when the weater is nice.

personal preference... I wanted to go the lowest I could without cutting up the truck & keep the ride pretty good. Besides my truck is a play toy. It sits around and only comes out when the weater is nice.

How does that 2/3 drop effect handling? Does it reduce the body roll? I use mine for play but also for occasional towing. I took it to the Dragon (US 129) and noticed quite a bit of body roll. Originally I thought it was due to the aspect ratio of the tires, but now I'm kinda wondering.

:flag:

Did you do the drop your self? How did you know what to order for parts? SORRY TO BE A PAIN !

Yes I installed the parts myself. I knew what to order from a quick search in the suspension section. We get atleast 1 question a day about what to use for lowering. I have made several posts about chat parts you can use & even the part numbers. After searching if you are having trouble finding which parts to use just send me a pm & i'll give you the part numbers.

How does that 2/3 drop effect handling? Does it reduce the body roll? I use mine for play but also for occasional towing. I took it to the Dragon (US 129) and noticed quite a bit of body roll. Originally I thought it was due to the aspect ratio of the tires, but now I'm kinda wondering.

It helps it by lowering the trucks center of gravity, but you will still have body roll. Best way to fix that is to get energy suspension endlinks & bushings for the front sway bar & add a rear swaybar to the back. It will hug the curves like a sports car. Best money that could be spent for suspension handling!!!