Stepping Up To L92 Heads

You were losing alot of 50-100mph blasts against vehicles you would typically beat in the 1/4 becasue of the strong 1/8th mile right? Thats how I feel. Like a vette, I can barely hang with them from 70-100 roll race, but dominate them from 0-80mph or so because of the advantage I get out of the hole. I will see how much power you make with the L92 setup and then I might switch. It will be nice with you being so close, we can get together and sometime and check out the setups.

For sure man we can even go to the track together a test them out for comparence.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question! ha ha are you going with a new intake manifold to fit the over the heads and you need a new harness and MAF for the bigger throttle body correct? i was thinkin about taking the same path.

I measured the MAF off the 6.2 and it seemd like the same size as stock. The newer maf has no screen???

the harness you will need is the xlink for the 90mm throttle body.

no the CID stays the same. the compression gets a very slight bump with stock heads. You get alot more air flow and a larger throttle body.

Most of these similar combos have seen atl east 450 hp to the crank with a cam and some over 500hp.

I would wait, I think similar gains are to be had using CNC'd 317 heads. those are spendy compaird to the L92 head.

and by the time you gather all the parts and look at the $$ into it you could have had a good chunck of a turbo or something.

• 4 weeks later...