House Paint

SickChevy06

About two days ago i was in the freeway and somebody drop a can of house paint i think it was water paint and i accidently ran over it and got it on the left side of the truck its not alot but there are little dots of the front fender and the bottom of the door just wondering does anyone know how can i remove it or am I screwd and have live with until i decide to paint it all. Thank You Guys in Advanced if any ouf you can help me.

I'd try....

- Soap and water?

- Bug and tar remover?

- Goof Off?

- Cleaner wax?

- Buff?

Those are my guess's. I'm not a detailer but I'm sure it should come off one way or another.

Let us know what did the trick.

WD-40. My wife did the same thing. This was silver paint on a green truck. Most of the front end and along each side. Took me almost a whole can, but got all of it off and no damage to the paint. I ended up clay baring her truck after and giving it a good wax job.

WD-40 to help get it loose, and keep the paint from scratching.

Then wash with soap and water.

The wax / polish / whatever you prefer.

I did my mom's WHOLE Mustang years ago - She drove through a spilled BARREL of paint outside a business.

Looked good as new after.

- Brian

While my car was in storage at my grandparents morton building my grandfather neglected to tell me he was going to paint the roof of the building silver,well the big door was open and some of the overspray got on the car.since it had been all redone only months before i was devestated.but I got it all out with a mothers claybar and lubricant and a lot of time and patients.

I'd try....

- Soap and water?

- Bug and tar remover?

- Goof Off?

- Cleaner wax?

- Buff?

Those are my guess's. I'm not a detailer but I'm sure it should come off one way or another.

Let us know what did the trick.

Thats a big no on the goof off... that stuff will eat plastic... imagine what it will do to paint...

be carefull with a powerwasher.. its really easy to blow the paint off with it..if a clay bar doesnt talk it off...then dont freak out.. but put alil want thiner on a rag and whip it off.. its going to pull the wax of that spot so you will need to put some wax back on it..but it will take it off no problem.. works great on overspray and i do it alot for even losing up all the road tar we get up here in michigan... i used to own a detail shop up here for highend cars and we did it all the time worked like a champ

The paint thinner will work good for oil base paints only.Try Denatured Alcohol if it is latex paint,or the clay bar works great.The reason i know this is because i own a painting company,and have had overspray on my other truck before.Good luck.