Shocks And Cold Air Intake Questions

frozenpond10

I've got an '03 SS AWD, I'm looking at getting a cold air intake, so I just want to know if a cetain type really makes that much difference and if its worth it or not to even get a CAI? Also looking at putting new shocks on the truck. I just got a 20ft boat about 3000lbs to tow, and I also do a bit of offroading to the camp and stuff, what is a good way to go. I see lots of praises about bilstein, what about edelbrock? Is a heavy duty shock better than an off roading shock? Any info would be much appreciated.

look at trueflow.com, they have a kit that includes a tube and foam filter that hooks up to your factory airbox making it a true sealed cold air intake.. Volant system is also a good choice..can be pricey thou.. i had the trueflow when they sponsored me and have switch backed to my Volant system w/ bumper airscoop, Amsoil filter...

Basically anything is better then the stock intake....which brand you choose is just a matter of personal preference. They all do the same basic function, get cooler/denser air into the engine. Some popular brands you will find here are K&N, Volant, and AEM. Each one has its own pro's and con's, it's up to you to decide how much money you want to drop on an intake.

The Edelbrock and Bilstein shocks are both a nice product, again it's up to you to decide what you want. :chevy:

Thanks guys, I think I'm defintely going to get the bilsteins, and I am leaning towards the Volant system. Any other good upgrades that would help the truck when I'm towing?

Volant systems seems to be the way to go among all the opinions i have seen. I also like the way it looks compared to a K&N.

I prefer to make my own CAI. Which I have done on my goat by modifying the stock airbox and lots of bondo.

I just installed the AEM Brute Force in my 03 AWD and I love it. big difference over stock, I was gonna go with Volant but I read better things about the AEM, so I went with that one. plus its cheaper. On shocks I will be going to bilstiens as soon as i can. just my .02 cents