Some One Else With Codes

RICE EATER

well friday i went to leave work and started the truck up .. went back in side to grab something jumped in and took off and noticed a check eng light on.. so i went strait home.. being the weekend it was hard to get ahold of any one with a scanner.. but i did sunday and was driving over. and the light went off.... so we scanned it it was a PO300 random missfire code...everything seemed ok i drove it to work again and went to leave and it came back on again.. so i sstoped and got gas and went i went to leave it was gone?..anyone got anyideas why it would be so speratic?...

also went i started it up in the morning it puffs alil black smoke then cleans up . i know when we put the cam in a few of the valves werent seatin all the way which i just figured was carbon and from siting for awhile .. do u think they might be causin the missfire code?

i get the 0300 all the time when i let me truck idle for more then 5 minutes. I was told it's the lopey idle that is tricking the motor into thinking there is a missfire.

I agree. you will want to adjust the misfire hit count up a tad in your tune.

thanks guys.. those ideas make sence i just filled up my tank so il hopefully that will rule that idea out and i just had it tuned a week or so before from zippy and he did tell him it will be alil rough on idle but the computer over time should smooth it out over time. so i guess il just keep an eye on it for alil while but from the sounds of it its not a big deal . i just probly bein alil over carefull sence i just got it runnin after popin the other motor.. and i guess im s.o.l and lookin more in to it till i get some money around to buy hp tuners. grr