Gasoline In Ur Area?

Bad Bowtie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:omg::eek::cry::fume::mad::puke::tear:

that about sums it up for me

:withstupid: Gas prices hurt before when it was $3.50 a gallon, but now that it's over $4 it's REALLY starting to hurt the pocket book. The worst part is that I doubt it will ever go down again. And not only is it gas, everything is going up because of this :banghead: .

I heard beer prices are going up to...no lie boys :fume:

Damn, pretty soon they are going to charge you to use toilet paper in public restrooms.

Hahah yea like a vending mechine. "please insert 25 cents for 10 sheets" LOL. Gas prices suck! 3.55 for super at BP now.

...I heard beer prices are going up to...no lie boys :fume:

EVERYTHING is going to go up... It's costing the truckers a f**king fortune in diesel fuel to deliver anything. Those costs all wind up getting passed along to the consumer. And those fatheads in WDC have their heads up their asses, like nothing is going on... Ah, sh!t. Sorry. :rant:

It's around 3.79 here in the DC area. As long as the price of crude oil remains high, we'll see high gas prices. The worst part of that is a lot of that price factor is a bunch of institutional investors artificially forcing it up. That and the fear factor. If a sheikh in Saudi Arabia sneezes, some big bank gets scared and bids the price of crude up. :shakehead:

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

Fuel prices are going through the roof, oil companies are setting record profits, all while the small gas shops are being goiung out of business. Supporting my local economy and went E85 this week...

I can't wait for a non-big business president to get into the whitehouse. It's been a loooooooong 8 years... Oh, by the way, did anyone see his, uh, dance... the other day? :ughdance:

It's around 3.79 here in the DC area. As long as the price of crude oil remains high, we'll see high gas prices. The worst part of that is a lot of that price factor is a bunch of institutional investors artificially forcing it up. That and the fear factor. If a sheikh in Saudi Arabia sneezes, some big bank gets scared and bids the price of crude up. :shakehead:

:withstupid: The weak dollar is causing the price of oil to go up, plus the fear factors from last year are still in the price. Remember when they said we would get a lot of hurricanes the past 2 years and we've got nothing. The real price of oil should be around $65-$75 a barrel not thsi crazy $hit we're seeing today :fume:

Fuel prices are going through the roof, oil companies are setting record profits, all while the small gas shops are being goiung out of business. Supporting my local economy and went E85 this week...

I can't wait for a non-big business president to get into the whitehouse. It's been a loooooooong 8 years... Oh, by the way, did anyone see his, uh, dance... the other day? :ughdance:

That will never happen. Only rich people get elected president and they all have oil money in their pockets. They don't care that real americans(those not rich) can't afford things as easily as they can. They don't care to pay more for gas, they have the funds to do it. Washington will never change no matter what party runs it. They are all the same group of people :banghead:

Oh yeah saw 93 hit $3.87 here in KY. Just freaking crazy IMO :devil::mad::fume:

Sorry man, but the oil company profit argument is a bullshit one. Sure, their absolute dollar profits are high, that's due to the sheer scale of their business, but their profit margins are slim compared to many many other companies. A 10% margin is not something that the government should step in and stop. Otherwise, we need to get on Microsoft, Google and eBay (to name a few) for having margins above 25%.

I was discussing this topic with a friend yesterday and that prompted me to pull up the historical gasoline and oil prices from the past 18 years. Plotted out, it's clear as day that the price of gas is directly correlated to the price of oil, not some price gouging by the oil companies.

post-5104-1208962873_thumb.png