Little Ac Trouble

smalltownguy

Hey guys! I didnt know where to put this so here it is....anyways my AC is acting funny! It all started the other days when i smelt and electrical fire! I started getting kinda worried on the way to the airport to go fly around because i smelt somin and looked over and from under the glove box i see some smoke!!! I guess somin has shorted but that day i cracked the windows and let the smell leave while on the way home nothing else happened so i took of the glove box and just looked around to see what i could find....and nothing seemed melted and i cant find the problem but all i know is that when i turn on the air nothing really happens on level 1 or 2 then it is feelable on level 3 and a little harder on level 4 but level five it shuts off again!!! any ideas as to what it might be? i have the dual climate control but not the automatic one (not digital) so the middle level one! Any Help would be great!

Hey guys! I didnt know where to put this so here it is....anyways my AC is acting funny! It all started the other days when i smelt and electrical fire! I started getting kinda worried on the way to the airport to go fly around because i smelt somin and looked over and from under the glove box i see some smoke!!! I guess somin has shorted but that day i cracked the windows and let the smell leave while on the way home nothing else happened so i took of the glove box and just looked around to see what i could find....and nothing seemed melted and i cant find the problem but all i know is that when i turn on the air nothing really happens on level 1 or 2 then it is feelable on level 3 and a little harder on level 4 but level five it shuts off again!!! any ideas as to what it might be? i have the dual climate control but not the automatic one (not digital) so the middle level one! Any Help would be great!

I'm not sure if your truck has it, but my s10 has something called a blower resistor that controls the speeds of the blower. I would look into that to see if that may be the problem. good luck

just to be safe try to disconnected the blower motor resister and check both female and male connection it could have melted together internaly.if so u will need a connector to.its just a couple of wires you would have to splies into.just a quik check to save you two trips to the store.