Took A Wrx

silverado777

I was stopped at a light on my way home from work. There was a black WRX (non-STI) beside me and I thought nothing of it. The light turned green and I took off kinda fast. I heard his motor rev up and I knew it was on. I gunned it a luckily I was going the right speed and it down shifted and took off!! He did keep up with me but he was slow on his shifts. However, I was pulling on him inch by inch. You guys probably take WRX's all day long, but I have a 5.3L so thats a good accomplishment for me. Also, by the looks of it he was stock.

NIce kill. What are your mods?

CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, OBX LT headers, cat delete, single 3'' flowmaster super 44 exhaust, MSD plug wires, E3 diamond fire plug (just changed them yesterday), and a bad ass custom tune by Justin at Black Bear Performance.

Pretty impressive kill, aren't those a very low 14 stock?

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/art.../0-60times.html

14.4 stock. If you click on the link above you can get 1/4 mile times for most stock cars and trucks.

friend of mine took his sti to the track last night and ran a worst of 14.2 and best of 13.8 first two passes he ever made but i thought he be WAY faster than that

something must be wrong with his car cause he should not have ran that slow even with bad shifting

friend of mine took his sti to the track last night and ran a worst of 14.2 and best of 13.8 first two passes he ever made but i thought he be WAY faster than that

something must be wrong with his car cause he should not have ran that slow even with bad shifting

Yup, the newer WRX Stis are low 13 second cars usually....

:confused:

I not sure what the kid has done to his sti... i do he said with his mods guys are running in the 12's. He dont even look like an sti anymore he took the big ass spoiler off and changed the ass end completely. He either has one really crappy tune or just cant drive at all.

I've never ran a WRX coupe. I ran (and beat) a WRX wagon once. Good kill!

Yesterday, I raced a Dodge Stratus. I was really scared. I didn't know if I could take him. My hands gripped the leather wrapped steering wheel with anticipation. A drop of sweat ran down my forehead. The music bumping from his open windows added to my anxiety.

Then I remembered, "Shit, I have a V8" and proceeded to put a couple of truck lengths on him by 45 to 50 mph when I let off.

It was dangerously close. LOL.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, OBX LT headers, cat delete, single 3'' flowmaster super 44 exhaust, MSD plug wires, E3 diamond fire plug (just changed them yesterday), and a bad ass custom tune by Justin at Black Bear Performance.

haha we have the exact same mods! whats your 1/4 times?

I've never ran a WRX coupe. I ran (and beat) a WRX wagon once. Good kill!

Yesterday, I raced a Dodge Stratus. I was really scared. I didn't know if I could take him. My hands gripped the leather wrapped steering wheel with anticipation. A drop of sweat ran down my forehead. The music bumping from his open windows added to my anxiety.

Then I remembered, "Shit, I have a V8" and proceeded to put a couple of truck lengths on him by 45 to 50 mph when I let off.

It was dangerously close. LOL.

Mike

Yeah, I get all clammy beside ten speeds!

:uhoh:

haha we have the exact same mods! whats your 1/4 times?

Dont know yet. I haven't been able to get to the track. It's way too hot out here in AZ. I'm waiting for a cold front or something like a miricle so it will cool off. What are your times?