My Truck Is No Longer With Us!

fxstsmith

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the day i added my nitrous i also put a fire extinguisher under the rear seat.

btw

does insurance cover this? im curious becasue nitrous is illeagle to use on the street here.

the day i added my nitrous i also put a fire extinguisher under the rear seat.

btw

does insurance cover this? im curious becasue nitrous is illeagle to use on the street here.

No laws against the use of NOS on the street in the state of Wyoming. I have heard of states where its legal to have the bottle in the vehicle but it must be turned off. :wtf:

As for insurance goes I will let you guys know after they inspect it. The police and fire marshal ruled it as an accidental fire with no citations given. I have no idea what the insurance guy will do. I'm expecting the worst and to eat a lot of it. Should no more by Monday.

Yeah, the fire extinquisher should have been the first thing I bought after the install. :banghead:

man thats terrible. at least it wasn't at home in the garage. I still havent moved back home since my truck went up in feb. I feel ya man, but at least you could salvage a couple of things from it. I had nothing, and my insurance tried to screw me out of all my aftermarket goodies, but i fought with them for almost 2 months and gave them a list of everything i had on/in the truck along with production numbers and book values, got a couple of apraisals (sp) and ended up getting more than i expected for the truck, but still didnt cover all the money i had invested.

hope everything works out for you, good luck.

Update! My insurance is telling me since I didn't have it appraised for the mods done to it they will only cover it as a stock SS and my insurance policy states that it is. I'm glad I read Montanass post about this. I will fight for whatever I can get but I'm happy they are even going to cover it being the nos had something to do with it.