My Truck Is No Longer With Us!

fxstsmith

Todd man I am so sorry, we were all really shocked to hear about your truck, I heard about it on Saturday - all of us were feeling really bad for you.

...does insurance cover this? im curious becasue nitrous is illeagle to use on the street here.

No insurance company will cover any vehicle with nitrous, I asked geico, progressive, allstate, ANPAC, Liberty Mutual - all of them said that as far as their underwriter was concerned there was no legitimate reason for nitrous to be installed on anything which was not being trailered to a race event and if an adjuster sees evidence of a nitrous kit on a vehicle it's automatically denied coverage; even in an unrelated incident like a fender-bender if the police or insurance adjuster note that a kit was present you can expect to be dropped like a sack of rocks as the vehicle will be automatically regarded as a competition vehicle and they do not insure race cars. Another one of the little gotchas about nitrous. Better check with your insurance agent.

Mr. P.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update! My insurance is telling me since I didn't have it appraised for the mods done to it they will only cover it as a stock SS and my insurance policy states that it is. I'm glad I read Montanass post about this. I will fight for whatever I can get but I'm happy they are even going to cover it being the nos had something to do with it.

Makes me glad I just called Geico last week and had them add coverage for my aftermarket stuff. Rate barely changed.

Makes me glad I just called Geico last week and had them add coverage for my aftermarket stuff. Rate barely changed.

Glad to hear they covered you, they refused me because my truck is lowered.

Mr. P.

I'd recommend those who have many modifications done to their truck, that they take out a custom insurance policy on the truck and get the aftermarket stuff covered. ( I think Holty has one) You end up paying a little more but in the long run, IF something were to happen to the truck you're covered and you dont get screwed out of hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I ended up loosing about $4k in stuff on my truck when its all said and done, but I got about $1000 more than what i paid for it in Aug 2005. However if i had not done anything to the truck the insurance would have gave me book for the truck and nothing more, and still would have lost about $3k.

just a thought...