Pres. Of Shell Says To Lower Gas Prices, Produce More

Hankg42

Who cares if their profits would be higher. Look at their profit margin on a percentage basis, it's tiny.

More domestic oil would help stabilize the market as it pertains to oil sales. Would be great to show them that we're not going to be pushed around financially.

Who cares if their profits would be higher. Look at their profit margin on a percentage basis, it's tiny.

That was one of the interesting things in the article. On a percentage basis, oil company profit is right in line with most companies. It's just a percentage of really BIG numbers.

That was one of the interesting things in the article. On a percentage basis, oil company profit is right in line with most companies. It's just a percentage of really BIG numbers.

Yep. They actually make much much less on a percentage basis than many big companies. Google, microsoft and ebay all operate with 25-40% profit margins...

Law of large numbers at play.

That is a pretty intersesting interview.

I don't know if this is really related to that article, but what a lot of people don't realize about the price of oil and/or gas, is that the oil companies don't actually set the price of a barrel of oil, they are simply selling a commodity that is being priced by traders and speculators. Don't get me wrong though, I doubt they complain too much when the price rises a little. But what I am saying is that the oil companies are not really the ones to be blaming about the high price of oil.

I don't know if this is really related to that article, but what a lot of people don't realize about the price of oil and/or gas, is that the oil companies don't actually set the price of a barrel of oil, they are simply selling a commodity that is being priced by traders and speculators. Don't get me wrong though, I doubt they complain too much when the price rises a little. But what I am saying is that the oil companies are not really the ones to be blaming about the high price of oil.

This is true, but has oil always been a futures commodity? I just can't remember a time when the prices rose so drasticallyin a relatively short period of time. Even with the oil embargo of the late 70s early 80s.

It was good reading but. Why not start with lowwering some of the taxes.

How about because the tax is about 20cents per gallon (roughly) for both state and federal. That means that the fuel I just bought @ $3.97 would be $3.57. Big ****ing deal.

The price of fuel was about $1.20 per gallon in 2001.

So without taxes, the price has gone from roughly $.80 to $3.50 in 7 years.

That money goes to fix our roads. Where else is money for our roads going to come from?

how about we nationalize the oil companies? I could personally care less if they dont profit. Unless you are working for a huge oil company, I dont imagine anyone would complain...

Ok! reduce production and blame it on the weather,thats not manipulating.......

How about because the tax is about 20cents per gallon (roughly) for both state and federal. That means that the fuel I just bought @ $3.97 would be $3.57. Big ****ing deal.

20 cents for tax isn't that bad...it's close to 40 cents here in NY :freak:

I just saw on TV that Exxon had record profits from the 1st quarter of this year of $10.4 billion........there's no production shortage(or whatever excuse they are using), they are taking our money and putting it right into their pockets!! :mad::fume::mad: