My Efan Parameters Table

misterp

Since a couple folks have asked, here's what I'm running in the parameters table for my efans - mind you that the truck being tuned here is fitted with a SLP 160-degree thermostat and the temps here are optimized for the cooler thermostat, if you use these values with a stock thermostat the fans will run all the time:

• {G1203} Type Of Fans Fitted To vehicle = Series Parallel Fans
  • {G0901} Fan #1 Turn-on Temp = 180 °F
  • {G0902} Fan #1 Turn-off Temp = 176 °F
  • {G0903} Fan #1 Turn-on By A/C Temp = 150 °F
  • {G0904} Fan #1 Turn-off Speed = 39 MPH
  • {G0905} Fan #1 Turn-on Speed = 35 MPH
  • {G0906} Fan #1 Turn-on Delay = 6 Seconds
  • {G0907} Fan #1 Turn-off Delay = 4 Seconds
  • {G0908} Fan #1 Minimum On-Time = 30 Seconds
  • {G0909} Fan #1 Run-on temp = 192 °F
  • {G0910} Fan #1 Run-on time = 60 Seconds
  • {G0911} Fan #1 A/C Pressure Enable = 115 PSI
  • {G0912} Fan #1 A/C Pressure Disable = 90 PSI
  • {G0913} Fan #2 Turn-on Temp = 192 °F
  • {G0914} Fan #2 Turn-off Temp = 185 °F
  • {G0915} Fan #2 Turn-on Delay = 6 Seconds
  • {G0916} Fan #2 Turn-off Delay = 0 Seconds
  • {G0917} Fan #2 Minimum On-Time = 20 Seconds
  • {G0918} Fan #2 A/C Pressure Enable = 194 PSI
  • {G0919} Fan #2 A/C Pressure Disable = 180 PSI
  • {G0920} Fan#1 and #2 Both Off = 41 MPH

So far with our efan kit these values work very well, yesterday evening driving home from work the weather was in the low-90's and the coolant temp never climbed above 185 and that was with the A/C on max all the way home and about 15-minutes of stop & go & extended idling (went to the bank and paid bills) in fact the average logged was 182 (perfect!). I am confident I've got the temperature params nailed spot-on, but the high-speed A/C pressure enable I'm thinking now is set too low, because at the moment when I turn on the A/C the fans automatically come on high when I feel it's not needed, so I'm going to tweak those values by 10 or 15 psi so that the fans come on low when you turn on the A/C and kick into high speed when the climate control is working close to maximum. And, I think my A/C refrigerant is low so that's going to affect the set-points...

If you are stock, I would use the stock 2005 SSS efan params, but add in the 6-second turn-on delay so you don't kill your alternator with a massive current draw immediately upon hot restarts. I might also experiment with the MPH values, they might still be a little high and lowering them safely helps a lot with cavitation and alternator draw.

Mr. P. :)

I'm running 30 on and 35 off speeds.

Just jelous of your EFILive's pressure switch settings still... I'm not sure if my switch is going bad or what, but I have problems getting good AC cooling at low speeds, but only sometimes... I'm thinking of wiring in some LED's to the fans and the AC so that I can see when they are grounded, just so I can troublshoot it better.

... I'm thinking of wiring in some LED's to the fans and the AC so that I can see when they are grounded, just so I can troublshoot it better.
I *almost* did this; I even bought a matching pushbutton cargo switch to tear apart and mount below the factory cargo light switch, I still might do this. Anyways, my idea was to drill a little hole and use a 2-color LED just exactly like what the factory did for the automatic headlight LED. :cool: But, then again I can just run a couple leads into the cab and hook them up to my EFILive Flashscan and log when they ground with the S1 and S2 external inputs. Now that I think about it I might just go ahead with the fan override switch just for the hell of it - more car show points! :lol:

ps - thanks for the 30/35 MPH settings, I'll try those tonight on the way home from work.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I *almost* did this; I even bought a matching pushbutton cargo switch to tear apart and mount below the factory cargo light switch, I still might do this. Anyways, my idea was to drill a little hole and use a 2-color LED just exactly like what the factory did for the automatic headlight LED. :cool: But, then again I can just run a couple leads into the cab and hook them up to my EFILive Flashscan and log when they ground with the S1 and S2 external inputs. Now that I think about it I might just go ahead with the fan override switch just for the hell of it - more car show points! :lol:

ps - thanks for the 30/35 MPH settings, I'll try those tonight on the way home from work.

Just FYI, the way I came about those settings was because of a bad fuse holder. Fans stopped running and the truck started to get to hot (never overheated, but got over 215), but cooled down to 185-190 as soon as I could maintain 30-35 MPH. That was on a mid 90's temp day and I ran the AC as long as the truck was moving, but turned it off as soon as I came to a stop. Haven't messed with the settings since.

Funny, I have a cargo button in my garage too, for a possible N2O arming switch. :driving:

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)