Magnaflow Exhaust Installed

Had my maganflow exhaust installed today. Only cost me $60 for the guy to cut out the stock piece and weld in the muffler and two down pipes. On the drive home I loved it. But now that I am home and start the truck in the garage it rattles the whole house. I work nights so when I am leaving at 9pm i am going to wake the whole house. My wife is going to kill me. I told her it would not be too obnoxious. I really did not notice too much drone from inside the cab, but at start up it rattles the the inside cab. If I move the pipes out to the side will the cabin noise be less? I did keep the stock tip so maybe if I find another one I can do what 12'SROCK did. Here are a couple of pics.

SSPX0604.jpg

SSPX0603.jpg

too loud is an oxymoron...

please explain this to me one more time? your family needs to lighten up in life...LOL...

good luck man!

True, true....

You would have to understand my wife. Me and my 16 year old love it. :cheers:

i had the same problem, so now ive got side exiting exhaust with one pipe going through the muffler and one straight pipe with an electronic cutout. You could try that too and just make sure the cutout is fully closed when you start it up in the morning and open it as you leave. However, I agree nothing can ever be TOO loud, but i guess people don't like being awaken by the rumble of a badass truck's exhaust.

What is that? The muffler is designed like an X on the inside.

i didnt know magnaflow's came with an x-pipe design :confused: . but lik rivie said try an x-pipe infront of it. also because it's dumped right after the muffler it will always be louder than a regular setup. if u bring it out the side lik 12'sRock and Chase it will definately get guieter(sp), i think having more pipe to go threw before exiting dies down the sound some. thats the setup back with dumped exhaust is the in cab drone ahich is the reason Art(12'srock) hanged his.

-Rob

too loud is an oxymoron...

please explain this to me one more time? your family needs to lighten up in life...LOL...

good luck man!

:cheers: I'm with Dave on this one. If its to loud, your to old.