Elec Fans

e-fans are more efficient then a clutch fan...........a clutch fan is driven by the engine and puts a load on it which can rob power, e-fan's on the other hand require a small amount of electric current to run and do not put muh electrical load on the engine :chevy:

There's a little more to it than that -

A clutch fan is working all the time; when the motor is running, the fan is turning whether the radiator is cool or not. Even with the clutch allows the fan to "freewheel" trust me it's still a lot of drag on the engine. The truth about radiator cooling is that you only need a fan when driving under 35-mph, after 35-mph there is enough wind rush through the radiator a fan is not required. And even at lower city speeds, when the fan is needed it will only run a couple moments and then shut itself off when the radiator is cool, so the fan does not run all the time. In fact our SPAL kit at idle will run for 90-seconds, then stay off 90-seconds, then kick on 90-seconds again, etc to maintain 180-degrees coolant temp at idle. Having a mechanical fan is overkill.

Answers to your questions - during development of our efan package my -average- mpg went up 1-2 tenths, the truck revs faster through the mid-range as well as now barks all four tires loose grabbing second (!), afa track time gains you should see anywhere between 1-2 tenths, I've seen several years ago a couple guys install the Flex-A-Lite kits (complete CRAP product btw) and an underdrive pulley system and drop 0.2-0.25 and IMO most of that gain was removal of the clutch fan. Another gain, efans pull MUCH more air through the radiator at low RPM cruising through town, the engine runs much cooler in city driving. One of the best decisions GM made was putting efans on the '05+ trucks.

Mr. P.

good info steve. i just had ls1 efans install before the introduction of the "stanny fans" steve and dannys fans lol i have noticed better gas mileage. and they only run when needed if tuned to the pcm. i have heard that a clutch fan robs around 17 horses so Stanny Fans ftw