Performance Mods

i have a 2007 vortec max. i am currently deployed until about dec of 2008 and i am i looking for performance mods for it. i have ordered a superchip, two 10 series flowmasters, and a k$n intake for it. i am looking for other easy bolt on mods, but i am trying not to crack into the engine. if i have to i will do heads and a medium cam, but does anyone have any other mods that are relatively easy and worth the money. if i do put different heads on it does anyone have any suggestions, and does anyone have any cams that they know will work well with out messing with the computer too bad. i just want a medium cam. nothing too crazy. thanks

I have done most of what you ordered, but i recommend a custom computer tune by charlie wheatley. Its cheaper than the superchip, and can be changed for free as you add mods (cam, heads). stay safe over there and good luck with your truck.

well i would definately try and sell the programmer and get a custom tune, also try a shift kit and servo's thier pretty cheap and definately make our trucks feel cometely different, but the install is the part that would be a little expensive. and if u do gio with a custom tune make sure to tune after installing all the mods.

-Rob

I have done most of what you ordered, but i recommend a custom computer tune by charlie wheatley. Its cheaper than the superchip, and can be changed for free as you add mods (cam, heads). stay safe over there and good luck with your truck.

:withstupid: handheld programmers are too generic, a custom tune will wake your truck up a bunch......Charlie Wheatley FTW!!! Other then that, headers, TC, and a shift kit will really help get her moving. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

well i would definately try and sell the programmer and get a custom tune, also try a shift kit and servo's thier pretty cheap and definately make our trucks feel cometely different, but the install is the part that would be a little expensive. and if u do gio with a custom tune make sure to tune after installing all the mods.

-Rob

What kind of shift kit would be good?

I had the transgo shift kit and vette servo but now im switching to the superior kit because thats whats included in the built transmission I ordered. And as far as a tune, I have charlie wheatley and I would ditch that superchip tuner if I were you.

thanks for the reply guys. i will look into a custom programmer, but i am going to stick with the superchip until i get back from iraq permanently. can you just put the mods that you have added onto the truck into the programmer or how does that work. also do i need to put it on a dyno to properly tune it or can i get it close with out putting it on a dyno. i have also thought about a cam and heads, but i don't want to have any warranty issues. any other mods. has anyone stuck a five speed automatic in their truck. does anyone know where to find one and about how much they cost. i also had shorty headers on my 03 and it helped a little bit, but mostly it just changed the tone of the exhuast just a little. thanks for the replies. i appreciate it