Had My Cam Installed

Well, all of you guys made me jealous about getting your cam's. So I finally bought one and had Frank install it this weekend. It's a Comp cam and the specs are: 222-224-566-568 LSA is 112. I really can't say enough about it. The truck has so much more TQ and HP. I can really feel the difference. I'll tell you what, I had to pass a slow poke on the road on Sunday. I drove in the other lane doing about 40 mph and hit it. The truck went sideways smoke'n the tires and almost hit a lamp post. It's never done that before when in third gear. As you all know our trucks suck downshifting at 40, but not anymore. The real test will be at the track. I'll post my times when i do it. I made a video of the cam. Just click on the picture to play. So enjoy!

th_MOV01094.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a round about figure..how much does a cam typically cost for install??

I can't really say. A friend installed it for me, but it could cost around $1200 or so, including the cost of the cam. That's with the cam swap, springs, and tune. Sorry you can't play the vid.

Just go to photobucket, type in "morepowerty" under videos. It will say there is no results but there is a user name, click on that and if I'm not mistaken it is the first video on the list.