Transmission Question

Ok guys bare with me here. Our awd SS have a 4L60 or 65E right. Ok what trans does the 2 wd SS have and what other years of trucks had the same trans. I'm wanting to look in a salvage yards for a trans. (2 wd trans) and want to know what years I need to look for (2003-2008) 1/2 or 3/4 ton ???? I hope I'm not to confusing here. Thanks Guys

The AWD trucks came with a 60E (4-pinion planets); you cannot swap a 2WD transmission into a 4WD application as the output shaft internals are completely different between the two, the 2WD output shaft (and housing) are much longer. The 4L60 *can* be upgraded internally with all the 4L65 and 4L70 improvements however.

Mr. P.

if your looking for a used tranny thats gunna be a direct fit and an upgrade, look for a 4L65e or 4L70e thats out of a 4wd or AWD.... these vehicles are: AWD caddy escalade, all 03-up denali suvs, 4wd 05-up 1500 vortec max, AWD 1500 chevy SS, AWD trailblazer SS.... no 2500 or larger will work. those vehicles listed are basically all the trucks that will fit and are either 65s or 70s.

or like mr. p said, you can always upgrade a 60e or simply swap the output shaft out of a 2wd tranny..... either one works.