Locking Gas Cap

tehoatim

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I recently had an epiphamy(sp). I figure with gas prices climbing rediculously, the next epidemic may be gas theft. Actually, it may have already started. So I decide to invest in locking caps for both vehicles. Around $12 per cap or = to 3 gallons of fuel may give you a better chance at unnecessary expense of replacing stolen gas. Sorry if this thought is a repost.

I thought all vehicles have the screens in them now so people cant steal gas through the fuel door :dunno:

I heard that a couple of guys got caught drilling holes into the gas tanks under vehicles. I'm not sure where though.

they even punch a whole on the bottom of the tank to drain it out so dont think a cap is going to stop them much. . . . .
That's what I hear is happening. It's hard to siphon out of the late models with all the baffles in the tank, so they're punching holes.

Ive got a couple cars in with evap leaks and it turned out to be thier locking gas caps, I was thinking about getting one too but I want to find a nice one. Does GM make a factory replacement one???