Locking Gas Cap

tehoatim

they even punch a whole on the bottom of the tank to drain it out so dont think a cap is going to stop them much. . . . .

Its all over the news here. They are drilling holes in the bottom of your tank and filling containers to steal it. :banghead: not only are you out $85 in gas but now you gotta buy a new tank. :M16:

Its all over the news here. They are drilling holes in the bottom of your tank and filling containers to steal it. :banghead: not only are you out $85 in gas but now you gotta buy a new tank. :M16:

yeah which means one thing. . . . . . . . .time to lower it and they will not be able to get under there or fit a jack to puncture the tank :jester:

Ive got a couple cars in with evap leaks and it turned out to be thier locking gas caps, I was thinking about getting one too but I want to find a nice one. Does GM make a factory replacement one???

It was posted alittle earlier in the thread #10326376

yeah which means one thing. . . . . . . . .time to lower it and they will not be able to get under there or fit a jack to puncture the tank :jester:

If I could lower it to the point where they couldn't get the gas I would but I don't think its a problem here yet! I'm in a good neighborhood now but if I still lived in the one I used to I would be investing in a surveillance system to watch over mine and familys vehicles and maybe even a gun to scare people and have a sign saying gasoline protected by armed civilian lol.

haha... Best reason to get my truck lower to the ground.lol

Hummmm, time to add a grounding switch to the gas door for my alarm! Wouldn't do much for the drilling/puncture thing though, unless... someone... makes a gas level sensor add-on for alarms. Hold on a sec, I've got to go invent something... :cool:

Actually, I was talking with my audio/alarm guy, and we were talking since I never hooked up the hood pin switch on my alarm/remote start (cause you're going to set off the shock sensor prying the hood up) to run the hood pin switch to the fuel door. The local S.O. has had some trouble with their cruisers having their locking fuel caps jamming up.

But, with so many SS/Silverado fires lately, don't think I'll be risking any more electrically devices around the fuel system.