Non Working Guages

badass03ss

i went to advance auto to get a battery and the guy plugged a battery pack into the outlet so the system wouldn't loose power. well new battery installed and down the road i go ,but i noticed my tach wasn't working nor are the rest of my guages. i went back to advance crapo and the guy got out a test light and started checking fuses, all of the fuses were good. i said the hell with it and came back to the house checked all the fuses inside and out still they are all good. when i got back in the truck at advance i noticed that the memory had been erased from my radio and had to reset everything, so i guess his battery pack wasn't worth a damn. anyone have any idea what to do? :confused:

I lost all my gauges and drivers information center when I was installing the iPod interface.

Turned out to be a blow fuse in the engine compartment.

There is a 10A fuse under the hood labeled IPC/DIC, I know you said you looked but you might double check that.

What's weird on your post is that I had my battery unhooked when putting in the CAI for about ½ hour and when I reconnected it I didn't have to do anything with the radio or memory on it. hmm

I hope that fuse is all you need.

Good luck.

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

i don't guess i have a warranty, the truck has 39k on it 2nd owner . that fuse is good has power comming in and going out.i didn't loose my information like on the display all of that still works just the guages aren't working at all, speedo,tach,battery oil pressure temp......

Edited by badass03ss (see edit history)

i don't guess i have a warranty, the truck has 39k on it 2nd owner . that fuse is good has power comming in and going out.i didn't loose my information like on the display all of that still works just the guages aren't working at all, speedo,tach,battery oil pressure temp......

Dude you might be in luck.

Check this thread <--- Click Me