Kicker Cvx10 Help

i bought a 4 ohm kicker cvx10 but i have it in a small truck box and i had 2 add 2 3/4 inch rings to fit the sub im running it with a sony xplode amp 1000 watt amp and 10 gauge wire and it doesnt hit hard at all what do you guys think i need will it make a huge differance in a bigger box or a better differance with 8 or 4 gauge wire.

i bought a 4 ohm kicker cvx10 but i have it in a small truck box and i had 2 add 2 3/4 inch rings to fit the sub im running it with a sony xplode amp 1000 watt amp and 10 gauge wire and it doesnt hit hard at all what do you guys think i need will it make a huge differance in a bigger box or a better differance with 8 or 4 gauge wire.
Where is your box? And how much air space is it? That is a nice sub but if you r starving it for air it not gonna do much.

ya it calls for at least a .80 cu ft box mines a small truck box maybe .55 cu ft but i ordered a box. thats .107 cu ft desighned for the sss it was only a 100 bucks to i hope thats all i need

ya it calls for at least a .80 cu ft box mines a small truck box maybe .55 cu ft but i ordered a box. thats .107 cu ft desighned for the sss it was only a 100 bucks to i hope thats all i need
You should b happier with it in that new box I install a lot of those subs, they get the job done. Hope it is what you r lookin for man.

Ok, go to the local stereo shop and buy a vehicle specific enclosure.. (I recommend two subs with a two sub under the seat down fire...) next do a cross over behind the sub making it 2 ohms so it will draw more power from the amp... I have never been a fan of sony amps or speakers but you can work with what you got.... If you are running one sub you should bridge it into the amp... Kicker is a very good speaker I have two myself and they should handle a good amount of RMS... After you are all done I am guessing your amp has a peak rms of 450-500 and your solo speaker of about 300-350... enough power to push that sub... My final suggestion is if you only want one sub I would go with a little bigger box ported... :cheers:

My personal setup is a rockford fosgate 900 watt amp with two cvr kicker 10" comps in a non ported down fire encloser sounds awsome........ My amp is a little under powered but unless you want your ears to bleed it is loud enough and it still sounds clean with absolutly no distortion... still definatly loud enough to get pulled over..

ok i got a bigger box it hits pretty hard but it sound like shit distortion and everything else i have that amp all the way up now. i think i need a bigger and better amp a little more then the 100 doller walmart sony i was looking at a hifonics zxi 6006 which is 600watts rms @4ohms and 1200 peak and my sub is 600 watts rms and 1200 peak @4 ohms but the amp is a 2 channel to get 600watts rms i have to bridge it is that safe and a good sound. here is the amp i want

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-ZXi6006-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

dont turn the amp all the way up, ya it will hit hard but sound like shit. i have done some decent sub installs with some walmart products that people brought into the shop and they sound preety damn good. you have to like tune your radio to your amp. what i do is put your bass on the radio in the mid range or lower. than put the radio where you normally listen to it then adjust the amp to that so it hits real nice and hard at mid tone, but when you want to crank it just put up the volume and it will pound like crazy but the down side is that it will have that distortion to it( the amount depends on how high your amp is) i have to of these in my truck and damn they hit like a mofo.....

dont turn the amp all the way up, ya it will hit hard but sound like shit. i have done some decent sub installs with some walmart products that people brought into the shop and they sound preety damn good. you have to like tune your radio to your amp. what i do is put your bass on the radio in the mid range or lower. than put the radio where you normally listen to it then adjust the amp to that so it hits real nice and hard at mid tone, but when you want to crank it just put up the volume and it will pound like crazy but the down side is that it will have that distortion to it( the amount depends on how high your amp is) i have to of these in my truck and damn they hit like a mofo.....

:withstupid: I totally agree.. I do the same thing.... I let my car speakers produce the music and turn their bass down... I only use my subs as bass only, no music, just thump... I turn my DB's up and freqs. down on the amp.. I would never turn an amp all the way up unless you want to burn it up or when it gets warm the protect will be tripped... with a 600rms sub you only need about 400-500 rms to make it hit hard... If their is not enough power to a high rms sub you might here some pinging casued by underpowering... A nicer amp is nice though because my fosgate has a independant bass nob so I can mount it up front and turn the bass up and down according to the music.. this alows me to turn my amp's power fairly high.

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

ok i got a bigger box it hits pretty hard but it sound like shit distortion and everything else i have that amp all the way up now. i think i need a bigger and better amp a little more then the 100 doller walmart sony i was looking at a hifonics zxi 6006 which is 600watts rms @4ohms and 1200 peak and my sub is 600 watts rms and 1200 peak @4 ohms but the amp is a 2 channel to get 600watts rms i have to bridge it is that safe and a good sound. here is the amp i want

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-ZXi6006-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

If you buy that high fonics amp you can probably bridge it for one high rms speaker like a 450-600rms solo barrack speaker and have plenty of power... but don't kill the amp buy having it turned all the way up... I have my amp at about three quarters to 7/8's but I have the bass nob like the high fonics amp does in the page.... If you plan on more subs or bigger subs in the future I would reccommend buying a amp like a fosgate, JL,Kenwood, etc... little more spendy but well worth it I have had my amp for three years and still is flawless. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...