Its The Little Things....

drako

Well I remember when I pulled up with my shiny new SS to the local meets...and everyone all excited to look under the hood. Well no one really saw anything since it was at night and our trucks did not come with underhood lights.

Our trucks do not have footwell lights either which both my friends S-10 and 2001 silverado have. Either way I always thought about adding these little items but never thought it out or really looked for it.

Except for today.

The underhood light is a model Chevy used since the 70's ( i think) and you can find them on ebay. It reels out to about 20 feet and mine has a magnet and a little suction cup so you can stick it anywhere really. It has an "on" and "off" swtich and IMO is awesome. If you find one and it does not have the plug, you need a coolant temperature sensor pigtail which is a few bucks.

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

Quick sidenote I got the idea of the footwell lights on gmfullsize or fullsizechevy...cant remember which.

Some trucks have it and some dont, but look under your dash on either side near the door, there should be a little socket/plate where you can add the bulb socket, then just wire it in (FUSE IT) to your BCM. If anyone wants the write up I can grab it from the other site. Did not take long and was rather cheap.

yes my truck is dirty...

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

another mod I did was the L.E.D. brakelights the same lights a number of people have on the site. I found a darker pair and they have grown on me. They are a bit smoked. These things rock....period. Resistors are built in and they work flawlessly and are similar to the escalade lights. The third brake light is also very nice and bright. Even the cargo light.

DSC_0319.jpg

josetails.jpg

Finally I took Steves advice and ditched the goodyears. Picked up Nitto 420s' in stock size...but now i wish i had gotten them bigger. They ride much better, stays tighter in the corners and is just more enjoyable. Even better on hard roads. great tire.

DSC_0324-1.jpg

All images brought to you by Nikon D40 :D

p.s.

quick preview

DSC_0322.jpg

Edited by Drako (see edit history)

good stuff, whats with the last pic- it looks like the visors caught on fire???

I got a little trigger happy when I was dying the visor plastics. Its going to get wrapped up but I did not want tan pieces left ;)